Grady Sizemore :( - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Grady Sizemore :(

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby twistedude » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:32 am

DaSh 1s wrote:The fact that a Sizemore for J-Upton trade wasn't immediately vetoed in your league is beyond comical.


I disagree. I'm actually thinking about offering Sizemore for J-Up in my $ league, albeit it's a keeper league.

By no means is a Sizemore/Upton deal veto-worthy in any league, considering Upton's emergence and Grady's injuries/weak performance so far this season.
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2281
(Past Year: 67)
Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby Magnus_CA » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 am

twistedude wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:The fact that a Sizemore for J-Upton trade wasn't immediately vetoed in your league is beyond comical.


I disagree. I'm actually thinking about offering Sizemore for J-Up in my $ league, albeit it's a keeper league.

By no means is a Sizemore/Upton deal veto-worthy in any league, considering Upton's emergence and Grady's injuries/weak performance so far this season.


Good post. Trading for Grady when there was a chance he would have to have elbow surgery and be out for 6-8 weeks was a high risk move. Upton for Sizemore should not of been vetoable and I haven't seen much from Sizemore since he's been back to change that.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2080
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby The_Idiot » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Magnus_CA wrote:
twistedude wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:The fact that a Sizemore for J-Upton trade wasn't immediately vetoed in your league is beyond comical.


I disagree. I'm actually thinking about offering Sizemore for J-Up in my $ league, albeit it's a keeper league.

By no means is a Sizemore/Upton deal veto-worthy in any league, considering Upton's emergence and Grady's injuries/weak performance so far this season.


Good post. Trading for Grady when there was a chance he would have to have elbow surgery and be out for 6-8 weeks was a high risk move. Upton for Sizemore should not of been vetoable and I haven't seen much from Sizemore since he's been back to change that.


That was exactly my thought. I guess we will see how it turns out.
Go OoooooOOOOoooooo'ssssss
Here we Go Steelers!!!
The_Idiot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1463
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 6 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the Land of the Ratbird

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby TheBambino » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:25 pm

Im not happy!! I cant just throw my boy away.... What do I do?

Rotowire:

"Indians trainer Lonnie Soloff said that Sizemore will likely require offseason surgery on his elbow, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports. "Grady will have symptoms the balance of the season," Soloff said. "Our hope is we can keep him away from symptoms that will affect his performance." Unfortunately for Sizemore owners, the Tribe are clear sellers just one month away from the deadline, while their motivation to push Sizemore onto the field at less than 100 percent could ultimately wain in the second half when they begin to focus more on his long-term health and making efforts to get him back to full health for the start of the 2010 season."
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1175
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 pm

twistedude wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:The fact that a Sizemore for J-Upton trade wasn't immediately vetoed in your league is beyond comical.


I disagree. I'm actually thinking about offering Sizemore for J-Up in my $ league, albeit it's a keeper league.

By no means is a Sizemore/Upton deal veto-worthy in any league, considering Upton's emergence and Grady's injuries/weak performance so far this season.


Grady Sizemore has posted 4 back to back seasons of a OPS+ north of 120 (he also stole 30 bases last year, none the less.), Justin just accomplish this feat for ~3 months.


In no way shape or form should J Upton net you a player of Sizemore's talent. Luke Scott has a OPS+ of 145, would a Luke Scott for Sizemore swap be realistic? :-t



This whole elbow thing is non-sense. Remember when Albert Pujols was going into the 2008 season deemed for offseason elbow surgery? How did that turn out? Please J-Upton for Grady Sizemore is a joke. Justin Upton is a volatile 22 year old. Sizemore is on the best play OFer's in the business. He will be fine, everyone is just panicing. I guess Alex Rodriguuez a week ago for Justin Upton wouldn't be vetoable.


And now Look at Alex's line this week. Superstars will be superstars. Justin Upton got hot, and still has a LOT of bumps and maturing to do, to harvest his full potential. I mean please he has a BABIP of .373!!! < ----- That is why this trade is retarded, he is going to come back to earth.


You can't make judgements on a players overall season in such a Short sample size. He had inflammation, went on the DL and corrected it. In the offseason they will clean it up. Look at the year Mariano had last year, he need shoulder surgery all season.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby Magnus_CA » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:03 am

DaSh 1s wrote:
twistedude wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:The fact that a Sizemore for J-Upton trade wasn't immediately vetoed in your league is beyond comical.


I disagree. I'm actually thinking about offering Sizemore for J-Up in my $ league, albeit it's a keeper league.

By no means is a Sizemore/Upton deal veto-worthy in any league, considering Upton's emergence and Grady's injuries/weak performance so far this season.


Grady Sizemore has posted 4 back to back seasons of a OPS+ north of 120 (he also stole 30 bases last year, none the less.), Justin just accomplish this feat for ~3 months.


In no way shape or form should J Upton net you a player of Sizemore's talent. Luke Scott has a OPS+ of 145, would a Luke Scott for Sizemore swap be realistic? :-t



This whole elbow thing is non-sense. Remember when Albert Pujols was going into the 2008 season deemed for offseason elbow surgery? How did that turn out? Please J-Upton for Grady Sizemore is a joke. Justin Upton is a volatile 22 year old. Sizemore is on the best play OFer's in the business. He will be fine, everyone is just panicing. I guess Alex Rodriguuez a week ago for Justin Upton wouldn't be vetoable.


And now Look at Alex's line this week. Superstars will be superstars. Justin Upton got hot, and still has a LOT of bumps and maturing to do, to harvest his full potential. I mean please he has a BABIP of .373!!! < ----- That is why this trade is retarded, he is going to come back to earth.


You can't make judgements on a players overall season in such a Short sample size. He had inflammation, went on the DL and corrected it. In the offseason they will clean it up. Look at the year Mariano had last year, he need shoulder surgery all season.


Tell that to someone that bought low on Webb this year during the first week of his DL stint. Too bad you didn't step up and post this when the OP mentioned the trade (when there was so much uncertainty surrounding Sizemore's elbow).

I'm not saying I would make the trade myself but chastising someone's league integrity for allowing an Upton-Sizemore trade given the information available at that time is foolhardy.

PS - I'd like to borrow that crystal ball of yours. No wait, that's not a crystal ball...it's a rear view mirror.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2080
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:26 am

omg rofl,


Really?


I mean, I used stats (facts) to prove my thesis, what are you arguing? Grady is a top five OF without a problem, he had a injury and it was taking care of.


I really cant believe this is being desputed? When i heard this news http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2470238 should I have traded Albert for a 22 year old?


Grady Sizemore is a SUPERSTAR, he is ridculous at the game of baseball. He went 30/30 last year. His OPS is ridiculous. He is in the middle of a LOADED lineupTrading a volatile 22 year old who is adjusting to the NL WEST, for a super star is laughable.


Please, make a argument with numbers that will convince me. Otherwise your banter is nothing but opinions. I mean seriously J-Up has a 373 BABIP, do you even know what BABIP is, lol!


PS: I traded in two leagues for Grady as soon as he hit the DL because I knew people would undervalue a superstar.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:35 am

I got Sizemore for Peavy :-) I think I got a good deal considering he has been doing great since I got him (the whole 2 days). Also I believe Peavy is going to hit surgery soon. I like my deal.

What do you guys predict Sizemore does for the rest of the year?
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1121
(Past Year: 95)
Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:44 am

skjelstrom wrote:I got Sizemore for Peavy :-) I think I got a good deal considering he has been doing great since I got him (the whole 2 days). Also I believe Peavy is going to hit surgery soon. I like my deal.

What do you guys predict Sizemore does for the rest of the year?



lol, the top five superstar OF, he has always been. lol Justin Upton for Grady Sizemore, lol.
Expect a second half OPS+ of 120 because that is all Grady knows how to do.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby Magnus_CA » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:31 am

DaSh 1s wrote:
skjelstrom wrote:I got Sizemore for Peavy :-)
Expect a second half OPS+ of 120 because that is all Grady knows how to do.


If the Indians don't shut him down first thanks to them being so far out of the wildcard race. Please keep hitting that reply button...you've nearly eliminated what little credibility you had left with your juvenile debating skills and arrogant tone.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2080
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact