Grady Sizemore :( - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Grady Sizemore :(

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Grady Sizemore :(

Postby RenPastana » Tue May 26, 2009 8:21 pm

I have Grady Sizemore in all of my teams and was wondering what was the cause of his slow-start...this makes a lot of sense...Elbow problems are never a good thing. Thank God he's not a pitcher, but this situation is worth monitoring.

Grady Sizemore revealed that his elbow has been bothering him all season and that a trip to the disabled list could be in his future.
"I hope it's not a DL situation," Sizemore said. "I'm going to take some days off from throwing and then re-evaluate it. It's tough, because no one wants to be out for a long period of time. We're trying to get by without doing that." Sizemore is expect to DH until Travis Hafner returns after the weekend, at which point Indians may have a decision to make on Sizemore.

Per Rotoworld
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby mac-unit » Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 pm

He has been hitting better as of late. And even in a slump if Hafner can take Sizemore out of the lineup Wedge has to be fired on the spot.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby hett2333 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:15 am

This is really concerning me...I hate it when teams hide injuries! I'm actually surprised there isn't more talk about this on the cafe. Maybe not, this has been a weird year for the cafe...

I think I will retire from fantasy baseball if Hafner DH's over him.

I don't know if this is anymore or less serious than what Pujols went through last year, but it just goes to show you what a maniac Pujols is...
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sat May 30, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm surprised as well that not much has been said about Sizemore;He went 1-4 w/ a HR tonight but as was mentioned earlier he may be DL bound(elbow) when Hafner returns.
From Yahoo(via rotowire)
Sat, May 30

Sizemore (elbow) will serve as the Indians' DH for at least two more games, the team's official site reports.

Recommendation: The elbow problem has limited him to three days in the outfield since May 19, and he has gone 10-for-43 since then.

(Rotowire.com)

Tue, May 26

Sizemore (elbow) could be headed to the DL if his elbow doesn't improve shortly, the team's official site reports.

Recommendation: Sizemore was able to DH again on Tuesday but that option may be closing as Travis Hafner could return early next week. If Sizemore's elbow hasn't improved by then he may be looking at a DL situation as a result.(Rotowire.com)
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mac-unit » Sat May 30, 2009 11:48 pm

I just don't see how they could possibly take Hafner over Sizemore. Indian management may be stupid. But I don't think they can be that stupid.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby B-Chad » Sun May 31, 2009 12:33 am

mac-unit wrote:I just don't see how they could possibly take Hafner over Sizemore. Indian management may be stupid. But I don't think they can be that stupid.

It's not the Indians management or Wedge choosing Hafner over Grady Sizemore, it's the Indians choosing Hafner over an injured Grady Sizemore. If you have a fantastic fielding CF who's too hurt to play the field, and you are in the midst of a bad season where you won't contend for the Central, why not move Hafner into the DH role and either rest or DL Sizemore so that he's healthy enough to play the field? Seriously, just playing an injured Grady at the DH while he's hurt is kind of like putting a band aid on a bullet wound, you aren't really treating the problem, just masking it.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheBambino » Sun May 31, 2009 11:02 am

Well.. There we have it... hes on the DL

From Rotowire:
"The Indians have placed Sizemore on the 15-day DL with left elbow inflammation, the Associated Press reports. About the only good news here is that those in weekly lineup cycles that start Monday can adjust accordingly. Hopefully some time off can help Sizemore's elbow settle down and give him the boost he needs to lift his current .223 average."

I hope this helps him
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby coma » Sun May 31, 2009 12:23 pm

Bad news: Sizemore going to the DL..
Good news: Now I can fit Wieters in my lineup
Between ARam, Sizemore, and Votto my batting is hurting a little right now (until Wieters hits 20 HRs himself this week).
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby RenPastana » Sun May 31, 2009 1:34 pm

I ALWAYS draft players that are not injury prone (ie. Grady Size, Arod, etc) however, this has been a rather odd year and I don't even know what to speculate anymore.

Get well Sizemas!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Sun May 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Sux. :-C
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter