What's up w E. Santana??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What's up w E. Santana???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What's up w E. Santana???

Postby Splendid61 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:14 am

Damn... as a Webb+Peavy owner, I was counting on Ervin Santana to be productive.
Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:16 am

ouch did you draft pitchers early consecutive rounds? webb and peavy must've used up your top round picks. :-o
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Splendid61 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:54 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:ouch did you draft pitchers early consecutive rounds? webb and peavy must've used up your top round picks. :-o

Yes, took them back to back in rounds 3 and 4. Don't worry it's not your basic 5x5 league.

It's a 11-team points league where you only allowed to own 5 starting pitchers but there are spots for 5 hitters on the bench. The setup is supposed to simulate the roster of real major league team (minus setup men and middle relievers). While other owners usually draft hitters early, I try to stock up on ace pitchers and then put together hitting platoons late in the draft to fully utilize the 5 bench spots for hitters (we do daily lineups). I've found that such platoons often come close to scoring as many points in this league as all but the best individual hitters. Although I did take Jose Reyes with 1st Round pick because middle infield platoons eat bench spots... !+)

Thankfully I still have Haren, Vazquez, Josh Johnson, and Garza. When I noticed Ervin Santana had been dropped and before Peavy went down, I traded Johan Santana for Ian Kinsler (I couldn't re-craft my 2B platoon after Rickie Weeks was lost for the season).

I don't know where my team would be without Joe Mauer and Heath Bell. Remarkably still in good position to win some money thanks to platoons at OF, 1B, and UT.
Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dr.Bloodmoney » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:30 am

I can't decide what to do keep him or let him go. I could use another pitcher who's going to start this week.
Dr.Bloodmoney Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates