What's up w E. Santana??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What's up w E. Santana???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What's up w E. Santana???

Postby raysfan4life » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
raysfan4life wrote:Are you saying prior to last night's start you were going to hold onto Santana through another 3 or 4 bad starts? You must have a hell of a roster to be able to afford to have a guy giving up an ER per inning on it. But I guess you knew he was going to go from a 9.00 ERA to a start with 8.2 IP and an ER.

I definitely planned on it. He was absolutely filthy last year, and he's still basically rehabbing. You had to know he'd start to come around...

I guess we agree, because we both still have him..
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby harold_bush » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 am

Anyone catch his last start against Tampa? Is the velocity there? Tampa has always hit him hard, so that wasn't too surprising of a result to me. He pitches this wek at San Fran, and I wanted to trot him out there even though it seems a little scary. Just curious if anyone saw him pitch b/c sometimes that line can look much worse than what really happened with seeing eye singles, bad defense, etc. On the flipside sometimes it can look much worse than the line if the opposing team is murdering the ball and you get some great defensive plays, have people thrown out at home, etc.
C- Montero/Napoli
1B-Pujols
2B-Cano
SS-Jeter
3B-Wright
OF-Dunn, J. Upton, Ichiro
UT-Chris Young
Bench - Carlos Lee, Pierre, Aramis

SP-Liriano, Wainwright, Jamie Garcia, Nolasco, Colby Lewis
RP- Wagner, K-Rod, Capps, Wood, Corpas
harold_bush
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Santana not making his next start
From Rotoworld:
Jun. 15 - 8:08 pm et
Ervin Santana will not pitch Tuesday due to right forearm tightness, according to manager Mike Scioscia.

Santana is awaiting the results of an MRI, which were taken Monday. The good news is that the pain appears to be unrelated to the elbow injury that sidelined him ealier this season. Sean O'Sullivan is expected to be recalled from Triple-A to pitch Tuesday. With the night off and other open dates in the Angels schedule, Santana will be off until June 23.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cashkid » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Can he be dropped at this point?
cashkid
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby uk_bosox » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 pm

I drafted him as my number 2 pitcher behind Brandon Webb, (say no more). His ass has officially been dumped as of today!
uk_bosox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TomBrooklyn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 am

ES was my third pick behind Cliff Lee (good periferals, no wins) and DiceK (another disaster). I gave up. I now have to punt Ws and just try to repair my ERA/WHIP and get some Ks. The one great start he had, I had him benched.

Tried to sell him packaged a few different ways and got no nibbles. I dropped him to the wire a few days ago. Nobody in my 10 Tm Roto has picked him up yet.
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Angels' Santana on track to start Tuesday
Ervin Santana threw 43 pitches in the bullpen before Sunday's game and reported no pain or discomfort in his right forearm.
Santana is on track to start Tuesday against the Rockies. "Everything is feeling good," he said after Sunday's throwing session. "Before, I was feeling a little bit of pain, and now I feel nothing." The 26-year-old right-hander is 1-3 this season with a 7.47 ERA and a 1.85 WHIP. Jun. 22 - 11:26 am et
Source: Angels.mlb.com

Ervin was dropped in my league this past week... real tempting to pick him up if there's a chance he can revert to form.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm still a believer. He's rounding into form, finally saying he's not experiencing any elbow pain. I think those of you who dropped him may regret it, a la Ricky Nolasco.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Just placed on the DL
From Rotoworld:
Jun. 22 - 7:36 pm et
The Angels have placed Ervin Santana (forearm) on the 15-day disabled list, according to the Orange County Register.

The move would be retroactive to June 12, meaning that he's eligible to return this Friday. Santana felt discomfort in his right forearm after a bullpen session Sunday. Stay tuned.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:04 pm

This is incredible. The latest on him from Yahoo window/Rotowire is this:

Santana (forearm) threw 43 pitches in a bullpen session on Sunday and said everything felt good, the Angels' official site reports.

Recommendation: "Before, I was feeling a little bit of pain, and now I feel nothing," he said. Unless something unforeseen happens, expect Santana to start Tuesday against the Rockies.
(Rotowire.com)

Now he's on t he DL. How does this even happen?
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates