Brad Lidge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brad Lidge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brad Lidge

Postby wildbill » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 pm

swyck wrote:
richiro wrote:It's too late to buy low on him now. Maybe a week ago.

Um, he can be bought even lower then a week ago.

Perhaps if you paid attention to the timestamps on someones posts you wouldn't slam someone for not being able to see the future. At the time the guy had posted Lidge had saved 4 consecutive games on 4 consecutive days and was a couple days away from blowing saves 2 days in a row to the Dodgers. At the time he appeared to be giving good advice. Now at this time you're probably right. Should we slam you if he goes out and saves 4 games without blowing any over the next week? Perhaps you were trying to joke but it didn't come off that way.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fender1114 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:20 pm

Whoa, take it easy guy. That really wasn't that rude of a response from that poster -- it was really just a harmless comment. If something like that on a fantasy baseball board can cause you so much anguish, then maybe you're the one with the problem, not anyone else.
Fender1114
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Fender1114 wrote:Whoa, take it easy guy. That really wasn't that rude of a response from that poster -- it was really just a harmless comment. If something like that on a fantasy baseball board can cause you so much anguish, then maybe you're the one with the problem, not anyone else.

He was being a bit of a smart@#$ just for the heck of it. He gave no indication he was just having fun with the guy. Like adding a ;-D or a ;-) or such would do. Maybe he was just joking, I acknowledged that possibility and gave him the opportunity to explain. I find it interesting that you would slam me for sticking up for a guy who appeared to have gotten slammed a bit. I mean wtf? I get slammed by you for sticking up for someone. Perhaps you need to heed your own words.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby y2jayjk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:51 am

Picked up Madson about 3 weeks ago. I'm in a Dynasty league, so I am just waiting on Lidge to lose it for good. :*)
y2jayjk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby swyck » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 pm

wildbill wrote:
Fender1114 wrote:Whoa, take it easy guy. That really wasn't that rude of a response from that poster -- it was really just a harmless comment. If something like that on a fantasy baseball board can cause you so much anguish, then maybe you're the one with the problem, not anyone else.

He was being a bit of a smart@#$ just for the heck of it. He gave no indication he was just having fun with the guy. Like adding a ;-D or a ;-) or such would do. Maybe he was just joking, I acknowledged that possibility and gave him the opportunity to explain. I find it interesting that you would slam me for sticking up for a guy who appeared to have gotten slammed a bit. I mean wtf? I get slammed by you for sticking up for someone. Perhaps you need to heed your own words.

Whoa there, Wildbill. Hold your horses. }:-)

I wasn't slamming the guy, I was commenting on Lidge and his currently dropping value. Sorry for not using more smileys or being more clear. :-D
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Does anyone think a switch this season is possible, even though Manuel has said he'll stick with Lidge in the closer role? Madson has been pitching lights-out.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:01 pm

lidge just went on the DL with a sprained knee. can't seem to find anything on the severity of the injury, so i don't know if it will only require the minimum 15 days or if it could be a longer term injury. my guess would be it will only require the short term 15 days with a rehab assignment being a possibility. manuel hasn't announced who his closer is yet but one would assume madson will get the majority, if not all, of the save opportunites. although from a matchup standpoint i would not be surprised if the lefty JC Romero gets a save here and there, but madson is the must pickup now.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm

BraDLidge
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wildbill » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:52 pm

swyck wrote:Whoa there, Wildbill. Hold your horses. }:-)

I wasn't slamming the guy, I was commenting on Lidge and his currently dropping value. Sorry for not using more smileys or being more clear. :-D

That's ok, like I said I thought that might have been the intent, which is why I didn't go all out and left the door open for you to elaborate. ;-D Then that other schmuck just wanted to rattle the cages some more like it was a crime to stick up for that other guy when the intent was unclear.

At any rate with Lidge now on the DL his value will drop even more, but how much isn't clear yet. It'll be interesting to see if this is just a he needs rest kind of "injury" or turns out to be more serious. I'm guessing it's a he just needs rest thing or they would have DL'd Lidge sooner rather then wait for Romero to come back an reestablish himself in a setup role.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Little Lee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:35 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Does anyone think a switch this season is possible, even though Manuel has said he'll stick with Lidge in the closer role? Madson has been pitching lights-out.

Madson needs to impress on management that he can handle the closer role. If he continues to pitch lights out and Lidge continues to struggle when he returns a switch will be made. What have you done for me lately will apply!
"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
Yogi Berra
Little Lee
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates