David Wright and Lance Berkman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Wright and Lance Berkman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Wright and Lance Berkman

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sun May 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Will Wright hit at least 25 HR this year since he is on pace for 11? Can Lance Berkman reach .300 this year. I was banking on these two studs to perform in all categories this year and they have performed like a 3rd and 4th round players if that. Wright has hit for the high average and has stolen more bases than expected but I was hoping for more power. Berkman seems to getting fooled a lot at the plate. He has hit for power, but can't seem to put together 3 or 4 good games in a row. When it seems that he is about to get hot, boom, he goes 0 for 4, for about 3 games.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: David Wright and Lance Berkman

Postby Sekrah » Mon May 25, 2009 12:03 am

They'll heat up and give you decent numbers.. Probably not the 1st/2nd round numbers you would expect of their quality though.. They are having down years.

I got Berkman and its been frustrating, but he has been decent the last 10 games or so and is starting to heat up.
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The_Show » Mon May 25, 2009 12:07 am

I really wouldn't worry about Wright. He may not be cranking out those HRs (not too surprisingly in Citi field), but he's flat out on fire right now hitting .432 with a .533 OBP and 1.208 OPS in the month of May.

I wouldn't worry about Berkman too much either. His average may be low, but he is having a solid month so far hitting .313 with a .970 OPS.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 am

Berkman is hitting .313 with 4 HR and 15 RBI in May. I'm not too worried about Berkman, but if the last two seasons taught us anything, he has prolonged stretches where his groundball rate is too high and consequently, stretches where his flyball rate is high when he's going strong. That said, he's worth trading for.

As for Wright, nothing seems to be wrong with him besides him getting under the ball a bit (a pop fly percentage higher than usual). I expect that to level out and surge back to his usual production.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby mac-unit » Mon May 25, 2009 12:27 am

Wright is focusing on using the entire field when hitting even away from Citi. So I wouldn't expect his power numbers to come out of no where, he will have to change his approach. If I had to bet now over/under of 25 I'd say under(20ish). If you league counts OPS he will still put up good numbers cause he will hit a lot of doubles and his OBP will probably be even better then past years.

I agree with The Artful Dodger about Berk so I won't go into it further.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:35 am

I wouldn't worry. These are proven Major League players, who will hit a couple of long hot streaks this summer. The type of streaks that vault your team into contention.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby pangbones » Tue May 26, 2009 1:32 pm

They need to move Wright up in the order. No one is pitching to him. His walk rate is at a career high 16%. I think it has to do with him having no one hitting behind him.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers