Man I need some help/luck - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Man I need some help/luck

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Man I need some help/luck

Postby ThinkBlue555 » Sun May 24, 2009 5:37 pm

So I now think that as beautiful as baseball is, Fantasy baseball can just be ugly!!! I am in a 12 team head to head league on CBSportsline, and I need some advise. My team is as follows:

C- Soto
1B- Pujols
2B- Pedroia
3B- Casey Blake
SS- Jeter
OF- Beltran
OF- Bay
OF- Cameron
DH- Ethier
Bench- Dukes

P-Billingsly
P- Jared Weaver
P- Lowe
P-Peavy
P- Arroyo
P-Niemann
P- Palmer
P- Pettite
P- Parra
P- Joba
P- Gavin Floyd
P- Kershaw
P- Owens
P- Zito

DL- Posada

Minors-
Wieters
Gamel

I drafted Posada as my catcher, and when he got hurt I was able to pick up Soto off the waiver wire, this position is really just being held over until Weiters gets the call up. Obviously 1B is a lock with Pujols. As is 2nd base, SS, and OF with Bay, Beltran, and Ethier. Dukes is being held onto until he comes back making Cameron a stopgap. I went into the draft with the strategy of offense first without drafting a stud until about the sixth round (Billingsly). I got Peavy in a trade for Vlad and Brad Penny, and I thought that this would make my team pretty hard to beat. My offense ranks first in the league, my pitching is about 5, and I am ranked number 2 in total fantasy points, and I have the second best breakdown against all teams in the league for every week. Everything sounds good, but I am 2-4 (unless I get lucky and Bush gets bombed I will be 2-5). The last 3 weeks I have been the second highest scoring team in the league, but I play the highest scorer. I know this happens every now and then, but this many times to start the season (I started 2-0)? Is it time to panic? What advice could you give me to sure this up a little bit. This is not a 2-5 team! Please help!!!
ThinkBlue555
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Man I need some help/luck

Postby Padres Fan » Mon May 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Well just like in real baseball, good pitching will always stifle good hitting, but pitching is also inconsitent and on game you got a CG/SHO and the next it's a 3 inning 9 run game, Billingsley is good but is still young and prone to long balls, and at any given moment Peavy's offense will let him down. Most of you other pitchers are either solid old pitchers that give up hits (Lowe,Arroyo), incositent youngsters (Kershaw,Weaver,Floyd), a pitcher that can't go more than 5 innings (Joba) and scrap heap players. You don't have any relievers, and to be able to get away with that you need to have Frontline starters, which you sorely lack.

If Soto makes any sort of rebound he is still a .250 15hr catcher, I always thought he was overrated, and picked either Russ Martin or Joe Mauer instead.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=386690
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team