Who's Fantasy Farm system would you take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's Fantasy Farm system would you take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who's Fantasy Farm system would you take?

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sun May 24, 2009 9:04 am

If you could have one teams farm system for your fantasy team who would it be?

My thoughts

1. Texas - Easily the deepest group, could see 8-10 guys be fantasy starters in the next couple years. Holland could develop into a stud, Feliz is a wild card, as he could be a good starter or a great closer. Smoak may be the best 1B in the minors, Andrus is an average SS at worst. Teagarden is filler, but Ramirez is my #2 catcher in the minors. Bourbon/Beltre are promising OFs and there are a crapload of #3ish pitchers.

2. Baltimore - What I call the Wieters factor, but you get bonus points for having the best guy. The #1 overall minor league prospect, at a scarce position (especially this year), is almost worth it on his own. Add in some potential top of the rotation guys in Tillman, Matusz and Arrietta and its a legit system. Also like Erbe/Henderson/Patton to develop. Position prospects are scarce, but Reimold could develop into a decent LF/DH.

3. Tampa Bay - #1 Arm in Price gives them a jump, Davis/Hellickson/McGee are all B to B+ pitchers as well. Jennings and Beckham are the only top flight position guys, but both could be elite eventually. Dont like anyone other hitters, though Brignac could rebound.

4. Oakland - You've got a complete potential fantasy rotation in Anderson, Cahill, Ynoa, Gonzales. Cunningham is a decent to great outfielder, and out of Weeks/Cardenas you should get a legit 2b. Carter/Doolittle should field the 1B/DH role for a while, though I dont see either as elite.

5. Atlanta - Hanson is the only arm I like to be a future ace in the system, but Schafer/Heyward are the best outfield duo in the minors, Freeman is, if possible, overlooked at 1B and there are a couple of projectable LHPs
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who's Fantasy Farm system would you take?

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun May 24, 2009 10:22 am

I'd say Texas and Oakland are top 2, just because how deep their systems are right now.
Behind them, I'd probably have Florida and Atlanta.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers