Keeper advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper advice

Postby guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:54 am

This is a two part question . I have Kevin Milwood $14 and his contract has expired. We have a rule in our league that is called TOPPER.
Which means I have the last bid on him at our auction if I throw him back.Which is $1 more than the highest bid. But he only can be kept for one year.

Part one. Should I throw him back and use the topper option. He could go for as much as $25 so if I used the topper he would be $26 if the bid ended at $25.

Part two. I have the option of keeping him and adding $10 to his contract making him $24 but I would be able to keep him for to years at that price.

I have a very low payroll and have Webb at $3 ,Willis at $1 also a couple of other forth and fifth starters at $5. Milwood would be my ace.I was planning on going after either Vazquez or Hudson but from what I have seen quality starters go for a premium.As much as $30-$35 or more.Greg Maddoux and Mussina went for $28 each last year. Colon went for $24.These owners over pay for stud starters.I have looked at dollar vaues and Milwood seems to be averaging about $17 but that was based on a subpar performance last year. I have gone through all my keepers with the average dollar value on a couple of sites and 3 of my 14 are $1 over the average dollar value but the other 11 are and average of $6 under the average. For a total average dollar saving of $65 for my 14 players.Think with that in mind I should just add the $10 to Milwood and have him for two years if I want to. Or just go the topper route?
Sorry this is so long . First year in this league. I wanted to give you as much to work with that I could.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby John Bonzo » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:08 am

With Webb on your team, Millwood won't be your ace. Personally, i would throw him back and go heavy after Vasquez. I think $24 is too much for Millwood.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KDOGG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:48 am

if you have alot of money to burn like you say you do then vazquez is by a very very far length a better option.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers