How do you handle bad trade offers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you handle bad trade offers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby angels7777 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:08 am

Rohan wrote:
the izzy wrote:Rohan, I'm done arguing w/ you, because you keep failing to see that not every league is like yours.

EDIT: To get back on topic

If you are in a no-fun league like Rohan, in which every manager is easily offended, then counter, reject or ignore.

If you are in a league w/ friends, and they can take a joke and don't mind being made fun of, after trying to counter, reject and ignore, sometimes the best thing to do is post them on a message board. That way everybody gets a laugh out of it. The laughter can break the tension and often times lead to resolution.

YOU still don't understand. It's not that people get offended. It's WE don't CARE. We or any new team we accept in doesn't want to receive email , after email, after email,
of some whiner's bad trade offer. If/when you reject the offer, the bad trades will stop. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS?? it makes no sense for the other twelve owners to receive junk email.

Rohan, your league is full of women I think. If people don't care, THEN DON"T READ THE LEAGUE MESSAGE BOARD. Kicking people out of a league because they want to post bad trade offers is the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby angels7777 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:19 am

this is classic - here is another quote from Rohan that I ran across on another post:

"I don't see the point in saving this guy (Hanson) on rosters, as he'll only pitch a handful of games this season. 10-12?? Using the waiver wire to pick up guys like Roy Oswalt, David Ortiz, Huston Street, Mark Reynolds, etc WILL benefit your team more than keeping a "blank" on your roster. It's not like he's going to pull a Dontrelle Willis and win 10-2 by the end of July like he did in 2003. Won't happen, maybe never."

add to this that his league doesn't allow people to post bad trades on the messageboard or they are kicked out of the league - hilarious
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue May 26, 2009 5:49 am

angels7777 wrote:this is classic - here is another quote from Rohan that I ran across on another post:

"I don't see the point in saving this guy (Hanson) on rosters, as he'll only pitch a handful of games this season. 10-12?? Using the waiver wire to pick up guys like Roy Oswalt, David Ortiz, Huston Street, Mark Reynolds, etc WILL benefit your team more than keeping a "blank" on your roster. It's not like he's going to pull a Dontrelle Willis and win 10-2 by the end of July like he did in 2003. Won't happen, maybe never."

add to this that his league doesn't allow people to post bad trades on the messageboard or they are kicked out of the league - hilarious

In what league on this planet are Oswalt (top 10ish pitcher coming into the year) and Reynolds (12 HRs) on the waiver wire? Maybe a 6 team league?
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hitchcock » Tue May 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Way to many people are sensitive now-a-days. I got locked out of my only public league this year by the commish DURING the online draft b/c I kept talking Mod Edit: trash to the other owners (morely in good spirits, just making the league/draft more enjoyable). One of the others in the league was participating in it (we'd go back and forth esp. during late rounds and taking Triple A guys), but commish caught feelings and at least myself was banned from the league.

Back to topic though: Who cares if people will post their bad trade offers? If your willing to seriously send me an offer of:
Milledge (before he was sent down this year)
Ishikawa
for
Markakis

In a keeper league (centered in Maryland) of course I'm gonna post it for everyone to see and get a good laugh at. I got a good laugh why not others? And in the long run it can become a season long joke. Now everytime my friend wants to talk trades w/ me (or anyone else now basically) we tell him the deal has to involve him trading Milledge.
"Oh you want my Adam Jones and Verlander? Well your gonna have to give up AT LEAST Milledge to get this done...."
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue May 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Hitchcock wrote:Way to many people are sensitive now-a-days. I got locked out of my only public league this year by the commish DURING the online draft b/c I kept talking shit to the other owners (morely in good spirits, just making the league/draft more enjoyable). One of the others in the league was participating in it (we'd go back and forth esp. during late rounds and taking Triple A guys), but commish caught feelings and at least myself was banned from the league.

Back to topic though: Who cares if people will post their bad trade offers? If your willing to seriously send me an offer of:
Milledge (before he was sent down this year)
Ishikawa
for
Markakis

In a keeper league (centered in Maryland) of course I'm gonna post it for everyone to see and get a good laugh at. I got a good laugh why not others? And in the long run it can become a season long joke. Now everytime my friend wants to talk trades w/ me (or anyone else now basically) we tell him the deal has to involve him trading Milledge.
"Oh you want my Adam Jones and Verlander? Well your gonna have to give up AT LEAST Milledge to get this done...."

A guy in my league is famous for his crazy 4-5 for 1 deals. He offered me Jesus Guzman, Ziegler, G.Sanchez, Purcey and S. Marshall for Tex with the note "5 young guys for Tex". So now, whenever he offers a deal I always respond "Not enough young guys"
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 26, 2009 12:44 pm

I usually reject them
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ABA316 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:21 pm

If it's just something not helpful to me..reject it but email the other party and explain why. If there is interest of some level "I'd like ..." or "I'd trade .... but this is the stat/position I need". Amazing how helpful that is most times.

I have one owner who will just send me stuff that just doesn't do me a whit of good, IE he'll try to trade me a closer when I have no room to play another/am leading the league by a good bit in saves. I get tempted to let it sit there but usually don't...just try again to tell them why it doesn't work or just say "no longer interested".
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby willy-t » Tue May 26, 2009 1:26 pm

scorched03 wrote:usually i'm pretty quiet in my leagues since i respond pretty bad to crazy offers by posting them on espn and quoting other league managers word for word why the deal is crazy. then that person usually get offended and posts on the board and an flame goes on

anyways the best is to be quiet and move on. if the other is a prick about it, i'm a prick right back example: this idiot kept offering me a 3rd catcher and his latest pickups for an all star, then mocked me on the boards. i usually stop these by saying: "i'm no longer viewing any offers from you" they will get the point

fantasy baseball is serious business
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rohan » Tue May 26, 2009 9:37 pm

angels7777 wrote:this is classic - here is another quote from Rohan that I ran across on another post:

add to this that his league doesn't allow people to post bad trades on the message board or they are kicked out of the league - hilarious

angels7777- and there's ALWAYS a guy in every league that is just LOOKIN for a guy to fight with, argue with and make a stink with, and his name is angles7777.
He searches for post messages and tries to tie it into this post. My point on the Hanson post was if I have Hanson on my team, I'd waive him for Oswalt, Ortiz, Reynolds, or Street, if I needed a closer, and I'm still sticking to it... angels7777- when you try to mock me- HAVE A POINT. You make NO SENSE at all. You just quoted me from another post, and thought that would be good enough to give me less credit. You A-HOLE. YOUR THE GUY THAT POST BAD TRADES ON MESSAGES BOARDS.. AH WE FOUND YOU
Go find a league for whiners...

WHAT IS CLASSIC???? That I'd waive Hanson for Mark Reynolds?? You F@@L
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rohan » Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Looking at your roster you have attached in your profile, you own Jerry Hairston ?? Nice. Lee is going to be a BUST.. Hairston is barely worth of a roster spot in a 12 team league. I can see why YOU post bad trades on messages board because YOU HAVE NO CLUE. what your doing
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers