How do you handle bad trade offers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you handle bad trade offers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby Precise » Sat May 23, 2009 6:37 pm

I think its silly to feel "insulted" by a bad trade offer. Also, I don't think theres anything wrong with trying to get the significantly better end of a deal. If there's an even 1% chance of getting Pujols in exchange for Nomar, I am making that offer all day
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mac-unit » Sat May 23, 2009 7:09 pm

I didn't read the whole thread but if I get a bad offer I'll counter with what I would want for a player and if they don't have anything that helps my needs I'll put that in the comment box when I reject saying we don't match up in a trade. Even though it never happened to me if they keep sending horrible offers I'd let them sit there until they cancel it.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat May 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Precise wrote:I think its silly to feel "insulted" by a bad trade offer. Also, I don't think theres anything wrong with trying to get the significantly better end of a deal. If there's an even 1% chance of getting Pujols in exchange for Nomar, I am making that offer all day

I like not assuming the other owners are brain dead, wouldn't play with them if I did.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Ender » Sat May 23, 2009 10:46 pm

I either do a counter offer or just reject it and say I don't want the main player in the deal. What sounds like a bad offer to one person is a good offer to someone else so I don't stress over it at all.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Precise » Sun May 24, 2009 10:47 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
Precise wrote:I think its silly to feel "insulted" by a bad trade offer. Also, I don't think theres anything wrong with trying to get the significantly better end of a deal. If there's an even 1% chance of getting Pujols in exchange for Nomar, I am making that offer all day

I like not assuming the other owners are brain dead, wouldn't play with them if I did.

I have a few old college/high school friends that aren't fantasy baseball nerds. We use fantasy sports as a fun way to keep in touch. Obviously, the Pujols for Nomar example is a hypothetical. It is brain dead to assume otherwise.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RenPastana » Sun May 24, 2009 11:14 am

I agree..also, most trades go thru a process before finally being accepted...It's pretty rare that you will get a fair trade on the first proposal...What I normally do is send a msg along with the trade offer explaining the pro's and con's of the trade as well as what I am looking to gain from it (I am sure have insulted some people in the past with some of my trade offers, but you have to start somewhere before you can reach a deal)

If I get a horrible offer, I simply try to see which players he or she are willing to part ways with then get them at a discount...Bad trade offers are a great way to find the other owner's weakness IMO
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun May 24, 2009 11:32 am

Precise wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

I have a few old college/high school friends that aren't fantasy baseball nerds. We use fantasy sports as a fun way to keep in touch. Obviously, the Pujols for Nomar example is a hypothetical. It is brain dead to assume otherwise.

I think that was too far out of left field to even be a normal hypothetical. I don't think half of the people here can honestly say they know where Nomar plays anymore because I really have no clue myself. A hypothetical should be within the realms of reality and normal baseball fans know that Pujols is a terminator per ESPN and Nomar hasn't been seen in about 3 years, also per ESPN because he left Boston. Please be careful with the use of your future hypotheticals, thanks. ;-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby converge241 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Just reject and send your counter to say what it would cost to get who they want..

I guess if someone is really "bothering" you, send your own bad offers back to them.

Then post them in the Cafe if they are really entertaining ;-D
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby Precise » Sun May 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Precise wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

I think that was too far out of left field to even be a normal hypothetical. I don't think half of the people here can honestly say they know where Nomar plays anymore because I really have no clue myself. A hypothetical should be within the realms of reality and normal baseball fans know that Pujols is a terminator per ESPN and Nomar hasn't been seen in about 3 years, also per ESPN because he left Boston. Please be careful with the use of your future hypotheticals, thanks. ;-D

correct. i should have at least packaged eric chavez w/ nomar in my hypothetical.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby scorched03 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:33 am

usually i'm pretty quiet in my leagues since i respond pretty bad to crazy offers by posting them on espn and quoting other league managers word for word why the deal is crazy. then that person usually get offended and posts on the board and an flame goes on

anyways the best is to be quiet and move on. if the other is a prick about it, i'm a prick right back example: this idiot kept offering me a 3rd catcher and his latest pickups for an all star, then mocked me on the boards. i usually stop these by saying: "i'm no longer viewing any offers from you" they will get the point
scorched03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers