Hill and Roberts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Hill and Roberts

Hill and Roberts

Postby robilmc » Thu May 21, 2009 9:40 pm

This one is killing me. I drafted B Roberts 3rd or 4th and scooped up Hill after another owner dropped him 3 weeks ago. With Weeks going down I've got 5 or 6 other owners begging me to move either Hill or Roberts. Sell high on Hill or ask the moon and stars for Roberts? I'm sorely tempted to roll the dice on Hill and trade Roberts. All advice welcome.
robilmc
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hill and Roberts

Postby johnjacob04 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:37 am

robilmc wrote:This one is killing me. I drafted B Roberts 3rd or 4th and scooped up Hill after another owner dropped him 3 weeks ago. With Weeks going down I've got 5 or 6 other owners begging me to move either Hill or Roberts. Sell high on Hill or ask the moon and stars for Roberts? I'm sorely tempted to roll the dice on Hill and trade Roberts. All advice welcome.

I would sell high on Hill and stick with Roberts. Hes pretty steady.
johnjacob04
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby the izzy » Thu May 28, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm in the same situation - having both B. Roberts and Hill. I'm in a keeper league too, so at the end of the year I can keep Roberts for a 4th rd pick or A. Hill for a 23rd rd pick. This gives Hill extra value as keeping him is so cheap.

Anyway, if you need SB + R then keep B. Roberts
If you need HR + RBI keep A. Hill (although, most people project Hill to only finish w/ 22 or so HR, giving him 10 more HR over the next 4 months.)
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Zain1two3 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Forget about pre season predictions because Hill has arrived this season. He hits second, in front of someone with the best OBP in baseball with Rios Wells and Lind after him. Keep Hill, sell Roberts for whatever help you require. Roberts plays for the Orioles who will finish in last place.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=390143
Zain1two3
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Beginner's Forum