Peavy to ChiSox? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Peavy to ChiSox?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Peavy to ChiSox?

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Please God let the Mets trade for him...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri May 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I'd say anyone in the NL West is very unlikely. The Mets and Brewers make sense to me. The only AL team that seems like a good fit is the Angels.

Completely disagree.

San Diego knows it won't be in contention this year, and probably not for a while. They aren't afraid of helping the competition as long as they get something good in return. And Peavy would be most willing to go to another Nl West team so he can still live in his newly purchsed Southern California house.

Let's say Peavy SD is OK trading in the division. You still have to find another GM that is willing to trade some pretty good prospects to a division rival.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri May 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I'd say anyone in the NL West is very unlikely. The Mets and Brewers make sense to me. The only AL team that seems like a good fit is the Angels.

Completely disagree.

San Diego knows it won't be in contention this year, and probably not for a while. They aren't afraid of helping the competition as long as they get something good in return. And Peavy would be most willing to go to another Nl West team so he can still live in his newly purchsed Southern California house.

Let's say Peavy SD is OK trading in the division. You still have to find another GM that is willing to trade some pretty good prospects to a division rival.

And colorado would been fine with that, as they too need to develope some young studs before they compete.

It's unconventional, but I think its a great fit.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri May 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:And colorado would been fine with that, as they too need to develope some young studs before they compete.

Now all you have to do is convince Peavy to pitch 50% of his games at Coors. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby drunkmonkey » Fri May 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:And colorado would been fine with that, as they too need to develope some young studs before they compete.

Now all you have to do is convince Peavy to pitch 50% of his games at Coors. :-D

I'm gonna guess he'd get the White Sox back on the phone before he went to Colorado.
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby neoforce » Fri May 22, 2009 5:05 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Please God let the Mets trade for him...

+1

As a casual Mets fan (not every Yankee fan hates the Mets) and a Peavy owner, I would love for that to happen.

Peavy stays in the NL, pitches in that friendly park, and actually has a team that can get him some wins!
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:He's not going to New York or Boston, he's already made it pretty clear that he's scared of being on the biggest stages and would prefer somewhere smaller.

When was this? I must have missed it somewhere,

I found it pretty odd that for a guy who openly acknowledges that he is underpaid puts out a list of teams he'd like to play for and it doesn't include a perennial contender like the Mets who can give fulfill anything he wants financially. From his initial 5 team list back in November - Houston, Dodgers, Braves, Cubs, and Cardinals, the Padres had serious discussions with 3 of them and you have to assume they are the Cubs, Braves, and Cardinals. Houston has zero prospects and the Dodgers are a division rival. Fast forward 6 months later and the Mets are even more attractive - a real 8/9 inning punch to get Peavy wins and Citi Field is trying to become Petco-lite for pitchers. You can google Peavy hates New York and get plenty of results. In my mind, that means he's clearly scared of playing in front of the most demanding audiences. :-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri May 22, 2009 6:40 pm

neoforce wrote:

+1

As a casual Mets fan (not every Yankee fan hates the Mets) and a Peavy owner, I would love for that to happen.

Peavy stays in the NL, pitches in that friendly park, and actually has a team that can get him some wins!

its a great fit! ;-D

oh man, that would be sick!!!! johan and peavy back to back :-D :-D :-D :-D
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri May 22, 2009 6:47 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:
neoforce wrote:

+1

its a great fit! ;-D

oh man, that would be sick!!!! johan and peavy back to back :-D :-D :-D :-D

With Putz in the 8th and KRod to close it :-L

That's a guaranteed 50 wins a season....

:-b
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MaudDib » Fri May 22, 2009 9:30 pm

I actually think the best fit would be the Cards. It is in the NL, midwest and very little pressure. They have some prospects with Jamie Garcia, Daryl Jones and Lance Lynn. It would take a big step into shoring up their pitching staff. I would think the Cubs would be more likely to get him but they had their chance and it doesn't look very likely that they will add that much salary.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers