The official CBSSports Fantasy Analysis/Updates FAIL thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The official CBSSports Fantasy Analysis/Updates FAIL thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The official CBSSports Fantasy Analysis/Updates FAIL thread

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 pm

this seems to be almost a daily issue with them...this one is hilarious, as are the comments

CBSSports.com Latest News wrote:Mets RB 8-o Orlando Hudson exited Tuesday's win over the Mets in the top of the seventh inning with a bruised left shoulder suffered while trying to make a diving catch. "He may miss a day or two," manager Joe Torre said. "It's not serious, and we're thankful for that."
(Updated 05/20/2009).

Mets RB Orlando Hudson? I had no idea he was a 2 sport guy. Or that the Mets had a football team as well. Breaking news from CBS! Great work guys, keep it up. (by superman 05/20/2009 6:15 pm EST)

:-b

2 Thumbs upI hear he is pretty elusive, with a great 40 time and solid hands out of the back field. The question is, CAN he pick up the blitz?!? (by Green Reapers 05/20/2009 4:41 pm EST)

wonder how many yards he gained from the catch? Huh? (by markusbaxter 05/20/2009 4:38 pm EST)

You heard it first on CBS Sports. New York City now has 3 NFL teams. (by roadkill 05/20/2009 4:33 pm EST)

1 Thumb upI didn't realize the Mets have a Running Back. Does CBS know that this Running Back plays for the Dodgers? This is the most ludicrous error I've seen yet. That's saying A LOT. (by Your Team_Sucks 05/20/2009 3:59 pm EST)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The official CBSSports Fantasy Analysis/Updates FAIL thread

Postby B-Chad » Wed May 20, 2009 9:11 pm

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. :-b
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed May 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Sportsline is absolutely terrible. They think Brandon Phillips is a shortstop.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed May 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:this seems to be almost a daily issue with them...this one is hilarious, as are the comments

CBSSports.com Latest News wrote:Mets RB 8-o Orlando Hudson exited Tuesday's win over the Mets in the top of the seventh inning with a bruised left shoulder suffered while trying to make a diving catch. "He may miss a day or two," manager Joe Torre said. "It's not serious, and we're thankful for that."
(Updated 05/20/2009).

It's not only the "RB" part... both Torre and Hudson are with the Dodgers, not the Mets. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wake » Wed May 20, 2009 11:15 pm

I liked this quote CBS had about Thome yesterday-

Consider Thome a great power sources in all Fantasy leagues as long as he is healthy, but be advised he will sit and be a pinch-hitter when the White Sox play in NL parks during interleague play. That, fortunately, won't happen this season.

Before I realized CBS meant to say Thome wouldn't play in NL parks this week (they've since fixed it), I was wondering what the point of this analysis was.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mtxdevil » Wed May 20, 2009 11:21 pm

I've stopped reading their blurbs about players. I find especially annoying they have to write "He is a No. 1 starter in all leagues and is a must start fantasy player. Keep him active." when they're talking about Pujols, Beltran, Miggy, or any stud out there.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm

wake wrote:I liked this quote CBS had about Thome yesterday-

Consider Thome a great power sources in all Fantasy leagues as long as he is healthy, but be advised he will sit and be a pinch-hitter when the White Sox play in NL parks during interleague play. That, fortunately, won't happen this season.

Before I realized CBS meant to say Thome wouldn't play in NL parks this week (they've since fixed it), I was wondering what the point of this analysis was.

lol i read that too and i was like, uh ok? so thome wont face a NL team in a NL park this season?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wake » Wed May 20, 2009 11:36 pm

mtxdevil wrote:I've stopped reading their blurbs about players. I find especially annoying they have to write "He is a No. 1 starter in all leagues and is a must start fantasy player. Keep him active." when they're talking about Pujols, Beltran, Miggy, or any stud out there.

What I hate is when they use those hot/cold trackers when the updates have nothing to do with whether a player is hot or cold. For example, saying Smith is on a hot streak because "Smith moves to 864th on the all-time strikeout list" or "Smith has a new baby girl" even though he has a 12.54 ERA over his last 3 starts.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu May 21, 2009 8:10 am

Hmmm...sounds like Qualls pitched for the D'Backs, and then was traded to the Marlins because he gave up a homer to Mark Reynolds...

Chad Qualls, RP ARI
News: Arizona closer Chad Qualls pitched two innings in relief in Wednesday's nightcap against the Marlins. Qualls pitched the 11th inning with the game tied at seven. He came out again in the 12th win the lead, in line for the win, but allowed a home run to Mark Reynolds before getting out of the inning, still tied after 12. Qualls allowed two hits and one run in two innings. He walked two. His ERA is 2.65.
Analysis: Qualls has nine saves and five of them have come in May. He remains a high-end Fantasy closer, despite his trouble on Wednesday night.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:59 pm

CBS wrote:News: White Sox RF Jermaine Dye hit a two-run homer off of Brett Cecil in Friday's 8-3 loss to the Blue Jays. It was his only hit in four at-bats and was his eighth homer of the contest. It was his first two RBI in his last five contests.

Eight HR on only one hit!
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers