Haren and Webb - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Haren and Webb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Haren and Webb

Postby Jibba » Tue May 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Anyone think that the DBacks trade Haren or Webb this year? Seems like they've already made the move towards a rebuilding year with the new manager... any chance they will get rid of one or both of these guys?
Jibba
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Haren and Webb

Postby DbacksRback » Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 pm

dont know how much they would get for webb with him being hurt but im not sure. a lot of the problems has been with runs.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Zito is God » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

I don't know if management has the guts to let either of them go. They are arguably the best 1-2 in baseball when healthy. With Webb's injury there isn't much to go off of when assessing his value. Haren at this rate could however bring in a nice net of prospects. While I doubt it happens, if the DBacks absolutely bomb and are 15 GB at the trading deadline they may indeed pull the trigger.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kab21 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:13 am

Zito is God wrote:I don't know if management has the guts to let either of them go. They are arguably the best 1-2 in baseball when healthy. With Webb's injury there isn't much to go off of when assessing his value. Haren at this rate could however bring in a nice net of prospects. While I doubt it happens, if the DBacks absolutely bomb and are 15 GB at the trading deadline they may indeed pull the trigger.

Haren is only 1.5 yrs from FA and I would give them a zero % chance of signing him. If they can get a LaPorta or Adam Jones type centerpiece then it should be a done deal. Webb is going to be impossible to deal with his injury even if he does come back (of which I don't see alot of info out there).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 173)

Postby Zito is God » Thu May 21, 2009 2:35 am

I'll parade around my campus in my boxers if the Orioles give up Adam Jones for Haren. Adam Jones is about as untouchable as it gets in baseball.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nemyar » Thu May 21, 2009 3:16 am

Zito is God wrote:I'll parade around my campus in my boxers if the Orioles give up Adam Jones for Haren. Adam Jones is about as untouchable as it gets in baseball.

Heh, yeah, especially in an organization with so many pitching prospects and so few position player prospects.
Nemyar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kab21 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Zito is God wrote:I'll parade around my campus in my boxers if the Orioles give up Adam Jones for Haren. Adam Jones is about as untouchable as it gets in baseball.

Ummm.... That was in reference to the Bedard and CC deals. Not a suggestion of whom he would be traded for, simply that level of prospect.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Jibba » Fri May 22, 2009 7:50 pm

So what kind of players or teams would be interested in Haren? Obviously it would be hard for the DBacks to trade Webb for fair value with injury.
Jibba
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kab21 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Jibba wrote:So what kind of players or teams would be interested in Haren? Obviously it would be hard for the DBacks to trade Webb for fair value with injury.

You have to figure that the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox and Cubs could be involved in a Haren deal just because they seem to be in the rumors whenever a top pitcher goes on the market. A couple of teams I see emerging as less usual candidates would be Philly (Carrasco or Drabek as a centerpiece?), Texas (their farm system has so many possibilities but probably not Holland or Feliz and likely not Smoak but there is still alot there) or the Angels if Lackey/Santana are reinjured. Just some random possibilities, I'm sure that a handful of people will get worked up to the extent of 'I would never in a million years trade Carrasco for Haren or something like that' but the Phillies are potential match (possibly the best match imo).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers