When is a good time to draft Kevin Brown? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When is a good time to draft Kevin Brown?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

When is a good time to draft Kevin Brown?

Postby stimples16 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:54 pm

I took him in the 6th round I belive of my 8 team league. I am just wondering if that pick was indeed a steal or if that is about average for draftss thus far this season..
stimples16
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:57 pm

I got him in the 6th in a 12 team league, and the 8th in a 14 team league (although this league's settings are a little skewed towards hitting), so that might be a *little* early for Brown, but not too bad.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:59 pm

3-4 years ago.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby stimples16 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:02 pm

Have there been any injury reports so far in spring training for him? (I haven't really been paying attention). When he was healthy, he was absolutely dominant last year. Now that hes pitching for a club that can hit the ball out of the infield I imagine he might have some pretty amazing numbers in the Wins department, pending his health of course. I actually really want to snag him up in my first money league this year. Its an 8-teamer. What round do you think is safe, though not stupid, to snag Brown?
stimples16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:02 pm

6th in an 8 team league is ok, but later is probably more appropriate. I would take him in the 5th of a 12 team league for sure. Fourth is probably too early because of the injury concern, but in terms of ability, he may well produce like a 2nd round pick.

So in an 8 team league, his actual draft position might be higher, because you can afford to take risks after you already have four or five players, as opposed wo when you only have three.

Ability wise he's right up there with the top ten pitchers in the game, he's just so much of a wild card, that you should be careful when deciding to draft him. I took him in the fifth round of one of my 12 team leagues. I think that's the time to take him.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Return to Baseball Leftovers