Stay put or look to improve? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Stay put or look to improve?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stay put or look to improve?

Postby lbblue » Mon May 18, 2009 3:41 pm

12 team H2H weekly league. Right now my team is rolling. Well out in first place in my division and has the best record in the league by far at this point. So it's a pretty good team but I just thought I might get some opinions on what areas I might look to improve and what I should try to move to acquire those upgrades.

Here's my roster:

1B: A. Gonzalez
2B: C. Utley
SS: J. Rollins
3B: M. Lowell
C: C. Iannetta
OF: C. Crawford
OF: A. Dunn
OF: J. Pierre
UTIL: A. Hill

Bench:
1B: J. Votto
1B/3B: C. Davis
C: Y. Molina
OF: A. Ethier

SP:
C. Billingsley
Z. Greinke
E. Volquez
U. Jimenez
G. Meche
R. Porcello

RP:
H. Bell
F. Cordero

My lineup is solid with pretty good depth. I'd say I could stand to add another quality OF since Ethier has really suffered with the Manny suspension and Pierre isn't going to stay on this torrid pace for much longer. 3B is in pretty good shape with the steady Lowell or the powerful Chris Davis, but maybe I could upgrade there (but probably not without going after a true stud, who would probably cost too much in trade).

My starting pitching has absolutely been carrying me but that's an area where you can never have too many good ones. Billingsley can probably pretty much keep up what he's been doing but no way Greinke can. Should I look to trade for another quality SP?

BTW, not worried about my RP. What I have has been fine and RP don't play a huge role in my league.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stay put or look to improve?

Postby Jacker37102 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:48 pm

You have a very solid team, and I like your pitching staff. I have Pierre too, and I am really hoping he can keep this up! You may want to try and trade Aaron Hill, because you have Utley. Nice team!
Jacker37102
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Godpappy » Mon May 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Great team all around. Speaking about your OF why not try to trade for Manny? With Manny on your bench you can start polishing your fantasy trophy.
Godpappy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby guillens interpreter » Tue May 19, 2009 7:23 am

I might look to improve on your pitching depth if possible. With guys like Ricky Romero, Chien ming Wang, Justin Duchscherer and Tommy Hanson (if he gets called up) on the DL. If these guys are available I would replace Meche and Porcello as well as watch Jiminez closely. Ubaldo has turned it around in his last 2 starts with good k numbers but he is streaky. Ricky Romero is a sleeper pick up with great stuff on a solid team and Wang should bounce back and help you out with wins on the ressurging Yankees. Duchscherer is a high injury risk but when healthy provides great era and whip. This is all speculative but your league seems similiar to mine and those guys are all out there right now. Im wating to pounce on Wang and Romero as soon as they come off the DL Ill be dropping Millwood to get them.
guillens interpreter
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby yank33s » Tue May 19, 2009 8:20 pm

yeah you need more closers, good ERA's, WHIP's and, get u saves, crucial in fantasy
yank33s
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team