RICH J. HILL?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

RICH J. HILL??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RICH J. HILL??

Postby callacim » Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 pm

So we all loved this guy in 2007, a rocky rocky 2008...whats everyones honest prediction for this guy? I just scooped him up today for the Big Unit who I love but it just looks like he cant pitch anymore...so with Rich Hill what are we looking at?
michael callaci
callacim
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RICH J. HILL??

Postby RaginCajun77 » Mon May 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Picked him up last night. Hoping he can get back near that 2007 form. Time will only tell.
RaginCajun77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby B-Chad » Mon May 18, 2009 3:14 pm

I think we're looking at a guy who will flash brilliance one start, then trash the next. I own him in a 12 team mixed league, so I do feel he's worth the gamble as a low risk potentially high reward, but I'm not banking on it. I was pleased that he only walked 2 in his debut (one was intentional as well, so really only 1 in 5 and 2/3). His K-potential is great. He is literally capable of being a k per inning type. If I were to hazard a guess to what he'll do, not projecting wins or losses, I'd say 4.15 ERA 1.33 WHIP with tremendous k totals. He has the talent to post a sub 4 ERA with a WHIP under 1.30 if he can keep the walks in check, however it's important to remember that he's also capable of losing his control and being worthless as well. I for one believe that injury played a bigger part in his complete loss of control then people want to acknowledge. It's easy to paint him as being a head case, but I think the control loss was more physical then mental. He obviously walked a few more hitters then you'd like in his AAA rehab, but the percentage of his strikes thrown were promising, I'm willing to give him a shot.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sunspot » Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 am

I'll be keeping an eye on him as well, now that he is out from under Lou's doghouse in Chicago, he can get his career going again. I am sure he will get a looooooong leash in Baltimore.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates