Good Team In 2nd To Last Place? - What to Do!? - WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Good Team In 2nd To Last Place? - What to Do!? - WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Good Team In 2nd To Last Place? - What to Do!? - WHIR!

Postby phorts » Sun May 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Ok, i'm just another manager in complete panic mode. I feel my team is actually pretty good, but just keep running into guys having Monster weeks. Regardless, I know i need help, so here's the skinny. Please leave a link and I will help in return as advertised.

League: 12 Team 5x5 H2H Yahoo Plus! - 13th Place

Team:

C - C Ianetta
1B - M Cabrera
2B - J Lopez
3B - C Davis
SS - T Tulowitski
OF - G Sizemore
OF - C Lee
OF - C Hart
Util - D Lee
BN - W Taveras
DL - T Hafner

SP - Y Gallardo
SP - J Verlander
SP - F Hernandez
SP - F Liriano
SP - J Danks
SP - R Nolasco
RP - T Hoffman
RP - K Wood
RP - B Morrow

I've been a victom of 1 or two REALLY Bad SP outings that KILL my ERA and WHIP, scatered Wins and Saves and I even lost one week with 71 K's to a guy who had 90... ugh.

SB's arent my strength and have all but given up on them. I'm really almost ready to do something crazy like Trade away M Cab for an elite OF (Braun, Bay, etc) and roll the dice with D Lee and hope he stays healthy and productive.

Please, i'm desparate..
phorts
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Good Team In 2nd To Last Place? - What to Do!? - WHIR!

Postby Zain1two3 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Don't panic, but your entire team needs to go, now!

Ofcourse, i'm joking, but there are a few guys that are just having slow starts on your team like Sizemore. I'd stash Tulowitzki till June and by then he should be over the injury that he is carrying. Elvis Andrus wouldn't be a bad pickup in the meanwhile. He his hitting away from home this week but he is still in a loaded lineup. I would immediately remove D Lee (just from your lineup, not your team) and put in Taveras if you want SBs. He's hitting the ball well and you may as well use his hot streak whilst he's still on it. I think you should also consider trading Danks. Yes he is a good pitcher but he's not pitching for the Yankees. The ChiSox stand to lose more games so maybe consider using him, and Hart for a quality OF. Maybe you can pick up Bourn of Houston who will certainly help you out in the SB department.

Hope this helps. Please help me too.

viewtopic.php?t=385543
Zain1two3
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Re: Good Team In 2nd To Last Place? - What to Do!? - WHIR!

Postby phorts » Mon May 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks for the help...

I have a trade pending that includes me sending Taveras/Iannetta for O Hudson/Inge. Upgrades at both 2B and C i think (even though we all know Hudson is fraudulant).

I do like the idea of trading some pitching and Hart for an upgrade at OF as i think that's my other weakness...

Bourn just go scooped so i'm pretty sure that i'm giving up on SB's. I hate punting categories but i really think that in order for me to be competetive in SB's i'll need to trade away my big power... like Cabrera or Lee and i dont like that idea.

Also, now Morrow isnt a closer so i dropped him and grabbed CJ Wilson until further notice.

I also sent a trade out involving Lopez/D Lee for Pedroia.. it's more of a hail mary style lowball offer but maybe he'll take it.

Any other ideas are welcome.... what type of player can i expect to get for a Danks/Hart package?
phorts
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team