Jorge De La Rosa - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jorge De La Rosa

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jorge De La Rosa

Postby Rubidium » Mon May 25, 2009 11:39 am

TomBrooklyn wrote:So I picked him up for tommorrows start at home.

I way behind in Pace and got to get more starts.

Does De La Rosa deserve any more trust?

I figured he was a decent bet for Ks and an ERA/WHIP that won't hurt me too bad. I don't know if he'll ever win a game this season.

I hope Wed wasn't the start of of a new decline.

I still like De La Rosa, but LAD at Coors is a tough spot start. It wouldn't really surprise me if he gets slammed again. I'm giving him two more starts before I look to get rid of him.
Rubidium
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TomBrooklyn » Mon May 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Rubidium wrote:I still like De La Rosa, but LAD at Coors is a tough spot start. It wouldn't really surprise me if he gets slammed again.

You were right. DLR looked good through three innings, giving up one hit I think, no ER and striking out 6! He imploded in the fourth, getting only one out before allowing 7 ER. Oh, my ERA.
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 26, 2009 2:19 pm

He needs to NOT be a starter. He'd be a decent 7th/8th inning guy
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yanks_Baby » Tue May 26, 2009 4:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:He needs to NOT be a starter. He'd be a decent 7th/8th inning guy

...You want to take your most talented pitcher, with electric stuff, and not just take him out of the starting role, but make him in inconsequential middle relief guy? Not even a closer?

Just foolish, IMO.

The Rockies need to develop De la rosa into a solid number 2, and trade Hektor Gomez and McKellen for a nice number one. Then with Francis and Morales back, and Cook at the end of the rotation, they would maybe have a shot at competing next year.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby superslugger616 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:
acsguitar wrote:He needs to NOT be a starter. He'd be a decent 7th/8th inning guy

...You want to take your most talented pitcher, with electric stuff, and not just take him out of the starting role, but make him in inconsequential middle relief guy? Not even a closer?

Just foolish, IMO.

The Rockies need to develop De la rosa into a solid number 2, and trade Hektor Gomez and McKellen for a nice number one. Then with Francis and Morales back, and Cook at the end of the rotation, they would maybe have a shot at competing next year.

don't forget about Ubaldo
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thebawler » Tue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Delarosa is all talent, I think he would probably be a very good closer, but he definitely has the potential to be an ace imo
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Tue May 26, 2009 6:47 pm

superslugger616 wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:

Just foolish, IMO.

don't forget about Ubaldo

^ And this.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby J35J » Fri May 29, 2009 7:43 pm

De La Rosa failed in Milwaukee, failed in KC, and signs are pointing to failing in Colorado(who doesn't)....he shows flashes but thats about it...I'm not sure he'll ever sustain the consistancy that is needed to be a good major league starter. He's one of a long list of guys who has decent stuff but just isn't a good pitcher.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Maris09 » Sat May 30, 2009 12:19 am

Since he's shown he can only be useful in small flashes, maybe he really would be better in a 1-2 inning role.
If they end up trading Street for a starter at the deadline maybe they can move Jorge to that type of role. Lord knows Corpas can't really handle it.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby acsguitar » Sat May 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Maris09 wrote:Since he's shown he can only be useful in small flashes, maybe he really would be better in a 1-2 inning role.
Didn't you read the dude above he says no! :)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers