Gov't Forces Family to Get Chemo for Son - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Gov't Forces Family to Get Chemo for Son

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Gov't Forces Family to Get Chemo for Son

Postby josebach » Tue May 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Considering the mom said there was nothing medically wrong with her son, this really doesn't suprise me.
NEW ULM, Minn. (AP) — A Minnesota judge has issued an arrest warrant for the mother of a 13-year-old boy resisting chemotherapy after the pair missed a court hearing on his welfare.

Brown County District Judge John Rodenberg also is ordering that Daniel Hauser be placed in protective custody so he can get proper medical treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma.

Daniel and his parents, Colleen and Anthony Hauser, were due in court Tuesday to tell the judge results of a chest X-ray. But only Anthony Hauser appeared in court.

He told Rodenberg that he last saw Colleen Hauser on Monday evening, and she told him she was leaving. He said that was all he knew.

The family's doctor, James Joyce, testified that Daniel's tumor has grown and he needs immediate assessment by a pediatric cancer doctor.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/CancerPrev ... id=7621311
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby urbanbreez » Wed May 20, 2009 1:17 am

uh, mom just kidnapped kid. Dude, time for gov't to step in. End of story.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm

urbanbreez wrote:uh, mom just kidnapped kid. Dude, time for gov't to step in. End of story.

maybe she is taking him to the magic land of unicorns and happiness. Or maybe they are searching for the Holy Grail so they can sip from it and be healed like Sean Connery did in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Considering the intelligence of this woman I'd guess she's hiding in a coat closet waiting to be transported to narnia
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 20, 2009 3:29 pm

acsguitar wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:uh, mom just kidnapped kid. Dude, time for gov't to step in. End of story.

maybe she is taking him to the magic land of unicorns and happiness. Or maybe they are searching for the Holy Grail so they can sip from it and be healed like Sean Connery did in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Considering the intelligence of this woman I'd guess she's hiding in a coat closet waiting to be transported to narnia

WTF dude...you could have had a spoilers warning ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 20, 2009 3:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Speaking of The Last Crusade...how was Indy's dad dead in the latest crapfest of an Indiana Jones movie when he drank from the Grail in the 3rd installment? They never even bothered to explain it. I mean, it's not as if that's what ruined the movie, but what the hell?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed May 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Speaking of The Last Crusade...how was Indy's dad dead in the latest crapfest of an Indiana Jones movie when he drank from the Grail in the 3rd installment? They never even bothered to explain it. I mean, it's not as if that's what ruined the movie, but what the hell?

does drinking from the grail once make you live forever? Or do you have to keep drinking from it?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

does drinking from the grail once make you live forever? Or do you have to keep drinking from it?

yea maybe its one of those things like a Glass of Wine each day to keep away a heart attack
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Don't you guys know anything? You just have to drink it once. Why do you think Hitler wanted it? He wanted to make a super army of unkillable soldiers, you couldn't do that if everyone had to keep drinking from it. Plus, remember how quickly it healed the bullet wounds? You definitely just need to drink from it once for everlasting life.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Don't you guys know anything? You just have to drink it once. Why do you think Hitler wanted it? He wanted to make a super army of unkillable soldiers, you couldn't do that if everyone had to keep drinking from it. Plus, remember how quickly it healed the bullet wounds? You definitely just need to drink from it once for everlasting life.

Then what happened to the "Crusader" guy when the cave fell apart? Is he just living on in that mountain forever? Cuz that would be pretty sucky. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Don't you guys know anything? You just have to drink it once. Why do you think Hitler wanted it? He wanted to make a super army of unkillable soldiers, you couldn't do that if everyone had to keep drinking from it. Plus, remember how quickly it healed the bullet wounds? You definitely just need to drink from it once for everlasting life.

Then what happened to the "Crusader" guy when the cave fell apart? Is he just living on in that mountain forever? Cuz that would be pretty sucky. :-b

He had already been there for hundreds of years, so I'm sure he was resigned to his fate. Maybe it's like Highlander, where you can be killed, but you can't die of natural causes or something. And maybe the old knight died when the temple collapsed, although, he was clear across the ravine separated by the invisible bridge, so maybe his little room didn't collapse. Who knows. But it just seems like they should have had a single line of dialog to explain how his dad died.
Indy: "I sure miss dad."
Other guy: "Yeah, too bad the Grail only gives you eternal natural life...I warned him not to eat that torafugu."
Then they could have gone about ruining the rest of the movie in peace. Or maybe they just figured that movie was so bad that it didn't matter.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk