Mat Gamel got the Call up! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mat Gamel got the Call up!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mat Gamel got the Call up!

Postby reider3 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:57 pm

They aren't sure how they are going to get him in the lineup but he got called up. I can't see them bringing him up and sitting him. Go get him if he is a free agent, the kid can hit especially with interleague coming up shortly
reider3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mat Gamel got the Call up!

Postby JoshExley » Wed May 13, 2009 9:59 pm

reider3 wrote:They aren't sure how they are going to get him in the lineup but he got called up. I can't see them bringing him up and sitting him. Go get him if he is a free agent, the kid can hit especially with interleague coming up shortly

No? See M.LaPorta and B.Wood.

I am anxious to see what the kid can do...
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reider3 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:12 pm

I don't know a lot about the B wood situation. The situation on Laporta he started his first four games hit .154 then was benched for four days and came out playing first base. Wedge said he hadn't played him because he was getting him work at first before putting him out there. He is suppose to play a lot more over the next couple of weeks.

Downfall to Gamel is where will he play? Time will tell but if he comes out swinging well he won't sit.......
reider3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JoshExley » Wed May 13, 2009 10:17 pm

reider3 wrote:I don't know a lot about the B wood situation. The situation on Laporta he started his first four games hit .154 then was benched for four days and came out playing first base. Wedge said he hadn't played him because he was getting him work at first before putting him out there. He is suppose to play a lot more over the next couple of weeks.

Downfall to Gamel is where will he play? Time will tell but if he comes out swinging well he won't sit.......

Three, but nonetheless why sit a hot bat? If your young buck is raking in the minors, why bench him in the majors even if he's struggling in all of 3 games? Now he plays after a few days and he's supposed to perform? Seems idiotic. If LaPorta/Wood/Gamel are raking in the minors, call them up and play them. I like that the DBacks inserted Parra right into their lineup tonight and....DING.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed May 13, 2009 10:49 pm

It would be really stupid for the Brew Crew to call there top prospect up and have him sit on the pine. 8-o

Which means that he is obviously going to play, BUT WHERE???? The corner OF slots are full, (Braun/Hart) I still think there best bet is to bench Hall, (great bench player) and move Braun back to 3B, he can't be that bad can he??? Obviously Gamel has no mit.....whats-o-ever. Allow him to play LF. Bottom line it comes down to Cameron or Hall, cause if they choose to move Cameron. Hart could easily play CF.

Having said all of that, if you read between the lines, the Brewers play in American League Parks for the fist batch of Inter-League Play. Enter Mat Gamel as your DH. They probably want him to get his feet wet for a week prior to June's Inter-League. Also Nelson (guy he is replacing) is something like 0 -for- 20!!! :-t

Thats my take,
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 199)

Postby cnote23 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:58 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:It would be really stupid for the Brew Crew to call there top prospect up and have him sit on the pine. 8-o

Which means that he is obviously going to play, BUT WHERE???? The corner OF slots are full, (Braun/Hart) I still think there best bet is to bench Hall, (great bench player) and move Braun back to 3B, he can't be that bad can he??? Obviously Gamel has no mit.....whats-o-ever. Allow him to play LF. Bottom line it comes down to Cameron or Hall, cause if they choose to move Cameron. Hart could easily play CF.

Having said all of that, if you read between the lines, the Brewers play in American League Parks for the fist batch of Inter-League Play. Enter Mat Gamel as your DH. They probably want him to get his feet wet for a week prior to June's Inter-League. Also Nelson (guy he is replacing) is something like 0 -for- 20!!! :-t

Thats my take,
Very well said I agree 100% ;-D
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mac-unit » Thu May 14, 2009 12:06 am

If they moved Braun back to 3rd now it would be even worse from when he was first called up. They will probably give Gamel a shot to play 3rd and if he shows he has the glove to play there they will probably give him the righty ABs while Hall starts vs lefties.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 114)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates