Adam Jones Hurt? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Adam Jones Hurt?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Adam Jones Hurt?

Postby Hitchcock » Thu May 14, 2009 12:31 pm

It doesn't look that serious, but who knows w/ hamstrings. In the first or second inning (w/ the RBI) he ran out a groundball to first, on his walk back to the bag, he initally went to grab the back of his leg but didn't prob. b/c he didn't want to be taken out (and procedeed to try and stretch it out leading off first (nobody was holding him). The next AB, he fouled a tough inside pitch off, then next swing ran out play to first, still favored his leg, and left the game.

It's prob. more of a day to day thing than a DL stint, but keep watching. No need to pressure the kid to come back b/c the O's wont' do anything anyways.

It does basically kick open the door for Reimold (who was called up today).
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 15, 2009 9:15 am

anyone know if this is the same hammy he tweaked before or the other leg? hopefully this doesnt become a recurring thing for him :-o
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jaytizy » Fri May 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Jones (hamstring) missed Thursday's game and remains day-to-day, the Baltimore Sun reports.
Spin: He wanted to play on Thursday, but the club held him out of the lineup. Nolan Reimold sees extra playing time with the banged up Orioles outfield, but it's a safe bet that Jones will play Friday night.
jaytizy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jfg » Fri May 15, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm guessing he's not in the lineup because of the reason the game is delayed?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby IronBird » Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Scott was placed in the DL, so it looks like Jones is safe with the upcoming Orioles lineup changes. Meaning he'll stay active and probably be playing some time next week. However, I'm still concerned with the most recent injury being the hammy he suffered earlier and playing on it will only worsen it. :-o
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JRAMI » Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 pm

anyone have an update for him?
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jfg » Sun May 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Everything I'm reading has him coming back on Tuesday after the off day.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby IronBird » Mon May 18, 2009 12:17 am

Not going to start Tuesday. He's listed as questionalbe but available for ph for the Yanks series.

I'm sitting him this week. It looks like he's going to get 3 games +1 ph this week, at best. :-t :-/ :,-(

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 5 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:36 am

IronBird wrote:Not going to start Tuesday. He's listed as questionalbe but available for ph for the Yanks series.

I'm sitting him this week. It looks like he's going to get 3 games +1 ph this week, at best. :-t :-/ :,-(

How do you know he's not going to start Tuesday?

I ask b/c I saw this on Sportsline yesterday...
News: Baltimore CF Adam Jones was once again left out of the lineup for Sunday's series finale at the Kansas City Royals. Jones missed all four games with a sore hamstring. Manager Dave Trembley told MASNsports.com before the game that Jones likely could have started the game and is available to pinch hit. The team just wanted to make sure he was 100 percent for the series in New York with an off day on Monday.
Analysis: Jones, who has played like a must-start Fantasy OF throughout the season hitting .370 with eight home runs, 26 RBI and 35 runs scored, should not really be a big injury risk for Week 7 (May 18-24). Unless he suffers a setback, he'll be back in the lineup Tuesday for good.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IronBird » Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm

I saw him listed as doubtful for the Yankees series in the Baltimore Sun. They have been known to be wrong from time to time.

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates