Can this team win it all? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can this team win it all?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can this team win it all?

Postby ChasingSaves » Tue May 12, 2009 6:40 pm

My team is in 11th out of 12. We keep 5 players. I really think this team should be doing better. Any advice would be much appreciated. Too early too panic?

C- Rod Barajas
C- Ramon Hernandez
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Mike Fontenot
3B - David Wright
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Alex Rodriguez
MI - Akinori Iwamura
OF - Alfonso Soriano
OF - Jose Guillen
OF - Nate McLouth
OF - Michael Bourn
OF - Adam Dunn
UT - David Ortiz
B - Josh Anderson
B - Nyjer Morgan
DL - Stephen Drew

P - CC Sabthia
P - Carlos Zambrano
P - Paul Maholm
P - Armano Galarraga
P - Edison Volquez
P - David Aardsma
P - Brian Wilson
P - LaTroy Hawkins
P - BJ Ryan
ChasingSaves
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can this team win it all?

Postby wallywojo » Tue May 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Outside of Dunn and Gonzalez, all your other big contributors are off to a slow start. I like your team and your chances to compete, but I cannot be sure if they will win it all without knowing your competitors teams.

Keep working the wire to improve your closers because Aardsma and Hawkins can be improved upon/will lose their jobs.

I am worried though about Ortiz and Rollins ability to return to form. If that happens there is not going to be much that can be done to replace that early round draft pick performance.

Please help on my thread. http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=384579
wallywojo
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Can this team win it all?

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Tue May 12, 2009 11:18 pm

I agree with wallywojo, start going through waivers or making trades happen for closers, as both of Aardsma and Hawkins are merely injury fill-ins. Also, when B.J. Ryan comes back from the DL he's going to be used in late relief and Downs will stay the closer, according to Toronto's GM, so that only compounds this situation.

You're team is stacked with heavy hitters, and wallywojo is right in saying that most of them are just off to slow starts. For your headlining talents like Rollins, Wright, and McLouth, it is too early to start worrying, but there's some people on your roster you may want to think twice about, specifically Jose Guillen and Galaragga. Guillen's a notoriously streaky guy, so try not get caught during one of his cold spells as he'll completely murder your average. He's been producing pretty well lately, but pay attention to any prolonged streaks where he can't find the ball. Galaragga's bad, or at least he has been tonight and for the past three starts. Last year's record and his good start to the year suggest that he's better than this, but until he proves otherwise I can't recommend you start the guy. Hope this helps.
Albert Pujols is to baseball what Jesus is to religion. He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. Pujols has a gift.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team