youkilis, Soria, lackey on DL, now what, any thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

youkilis, Soria, lackey on DL, now what, any thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

youkilis, Soria, lackey on DL, now what, any thoughts?

Postby JoshuaHavok » Tue May 12, 2009 1:43 pm

I need help, so my team is doing well in a head to head 8 team mixed league, and have just been waiting for this week. I made a trade for Mauer but now have a gap in my batters while Youkilis is hurt, and my pitching section is out of control with now Soria, Lackey ans B.J. on the bench. We get 25 moves for the season and I've only used 2 but I just dont want to drop someone (B.J.) if when he comes back he plays, although marcum has been ok. I just have no clue where to start/what to do, thanks everyone.
C - Joe Mauer
1B - Nich Swisher
2B - Chase Utley
3B - David Wright
SS - Mike Aviles
CI - Joey Votto_____________SP - Dan Haren
MI - Mark DeRosa___________SP - Kyle Lohse
OF - Ryan Braun____________SP - James Shields
OF - Jay Bruce __________RP - Frank Francisco
OF - Corey Hart____________RP - Trevor Hoffman
Util- EMPTY ______________P - Ryan Dempster
BN - Kevin Youkilis__________BN - John Danks
DL - stephen drew __________BN - Ted Lilly
BN - Ricky Nolasco
DL - B.J. Ryan
DL - John Lackey BN - SORIA DL
These are some of the players available on waivers, or any sleeper pick ideas
Jason Bartlett (ss), Upton (OF), Weeks (2B), Asd. Cabrera (2b,ss), c. crisp (of),
SP - J. Cueto , r. wolf RP- Bailey, frasor, soriano, qualls
JoshuaHavok
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: youkilis, Soria, lackey on DL, now what, any thoughts?

Postby wallywojo » Tue May 12, 2009 2:06 pm

I think Bartlett is better than Aviles, but if you have limited pickups maybe that is too marginal. Other than that I don't think you are improving yourself on the waiver wire.
wallywojo
College Coach
College Coach

Re: youkilis, Soria, lackey on DL, now what, any thoughts?

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Tue May 12, 2009 3:41 pm

I think you're over-reacting a bit - your pitching looks pretty strong despite the injuries. Lackey will be back very soon, maybe even this week, and Soria's DL'd with a minor "injury" (it's just soreness, really). Ryan is really the only question mark, and it's anyone's guess as to whether the 32-save stud or the terrible mid-80's fastballer will show up once he's back. Once Soria and Lackey are back, they'll start producing immediately, so just try and sit tight till then.

I would pick up Asdrubal and slot him for Aviles. The Indians are just really, really, bad, but fortunately team records don't matter in FB. Despite how bad Cleveland has proven to be, Asdrubal is still producing great numbers and I think he has a lot of upside. Jason Bartlett would also be a great pick-up over Aviles, he's been producing consistently so far like Asdrubal, but he has the advantage over Cabrera because he hits in one of the better power offenses in the Bigs.

Also, I can't really tell whether or not the SP line underneath the waiver players are your players, or if they're players also available on waivers. If it's the latter, I'd definitely pick up Cueto. He's on the verge of having a breakout season, and he was a much more touted prospect going into the season than teammate Edison Volquez last year, so the ability and potential is definitely there, and it looks like this is the season he unleashes it all.

Hope this helps, I have a question of my own if you wouldn't mind helping me out - viewtopic.php?f=29&t=384532
Albert Pujols is to baseball what Jesus is to religion. He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. Pujols has a gift.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team