100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lackey

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lackey

Postby ivanhack » Tue May 12, 2009 11:26 am

CBS Sports

John Lackey, SP ANA

News: According to the Deseret News, Angels SP John Lackey tossed five innings in his second rehab start for Triple-A Salt Lake on Sunday. He is expected to make his 2009 debut on Friday at Texas against Kevin Millwood. (Updated 05/11/2009).

Analysis: Lackey looked pretty good in his second Triple-A start so Fantasy owners shouldn't have much hesitation getting him active for Fantasy Week 6 (May 11-17). Unless there's a setback, Lackey should be good to go for Friday. He may be on a limited pitch count, but he is a must-start when healthy.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lackey

Postby ivanhack » Tue May 12, 2009 11:31 am

Roto World

John Lackey (forearm) declared himself fit to return to the majors, according to the Portland Oregonian. (May 11, 2009)

Lackey recently participated in his second rehab start Sunday and felt fine after throwing 75 pitches. He also said he'd be starting Friday, although nothing official has been released by the Angels, who may have a say in his next start. Either way, Lackey figures to be back in the bigs shortly. Stay tuned.

Anyone know if he's going to be on a pitch count?
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Legia13 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:17 pm

He will be on a pitch count, it is standard as a precaution for pitchers coming back from the DL and getting back into pitching.
Legia13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ivanhack » Tue May 12, 2009 1:24 pm

He threw 75 pitches in his last rehab start, so maybe he'll throw around the same for his first major league start.

Legia13 wrote:He will be on a pitch count, it is standard as a precaution for pitchers coming back from the DL and getting back into pitching.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Tue May 12, 2009 2:28 pm

I think they'd give him more then his last rehab start. I'm thinking 80-90 pitches. The number might be moot though. If he does start Friday or Saturday it will be in Texas and he doesn't have the best history vs Texas. In that case it's entirely possible he'd be knocked out of the game before reaching his pitch count. I'm not saying he will, but it's a lot more likely then say if he was facing Oakland.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Torr » Wed May 13, 2009 8:27 am

Angels website has been talking about Lackey pitching this weekend (maybe Saturday), though I don't think Texas will be his best welcome back to the rotation. MLB.com also has Ervin Santana as the projected starter Thursday against the Red Sox. I wouldn't call either of these "good matchups" with Santana sporting a career 5.73 ERA against Boston. Still it's nice to know they won't be wasting bench/DL spots anymore.
Torr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DaShiz23 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:24 am

Not too sure if he is a must-start in Arlington. But great news nonetheless. I have waited too long for my top drafted SP to come back. My other SPs have turned it around the last week and a half, so this could vault my team up in the pitching categories. Just give me Vlad back to get him some run support!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:05 am

wildbill wrote: In that case it's entirely possible he'd be knocked out of the game before reaching his pitch count. I'm not saying he will, but it's a lot more likely then say if he was facing Oakland.

Luke Hochevar might disagree with that...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Tom Emanski AllStars » Sat May 16, 2009 6:06 pm

any word on why he got pulled in the 1st inning today?
Tom Emanski AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby haymarket » Sat May 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Tom Emanski AllStars wrote:any word on why he got pulled in the 1st inning today?

Ejected for hitting Kinsler.
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates