7th of 10. 20minutes! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

7th of 10. 20minutes!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

7th of 10. 20minutes!

Postby Collateral » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:39 pm

I just logged on to my Yahoo draft.. first live one of the season for me. Can't friggin wait!

Okay, so I'm picking 7th of 10. Standard 5x5 head to head league.

I dont' plan to take a pitcher in the first two Rounds, unless Prior falls to 13th overall (which he won't).

Assuming the big 6 are all gone (please don't be all gone!) who do I go with??? I'm talking Arod, Pujols, Soriano, Vlad, Helton, and Beltran by the way....

Also considering a SS with that 13th overall. Too early for Nomar/Tejada? Would love to get Renteria with my 3rd Rounder!
Collateral
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Collateral » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:53 pm

With a couple native Chicago kids in the draft, I'm really hoping Prior goes before me... or even Sosa!? Then my choice is easy.

Otherwise, Bonds? Manny? Maggs? i'm even real high on Vernon Wells, but he should still be there 2nd round or later even
Collateral
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Clevelander » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:57 pm

1st off, you got one of those players, vlad or beltran in the 7 hole...2nd, dont just shy from grabbing the best in pitching, i dont get that...if you follow pattern then all you get is 2nd best to everyone elses pick...id' look at getting the big bat and your ace picher, your k-man....
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:08 pm

if all those 6 are gone i would go with prior over manny and those guys for sure, prior will be the #1 pitcher this year by far, remember that last year he missed some starts after getting hurt running the bases. he should be better this year, remember he is only 22 so he can only get better.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bost0n » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:12 pm

If miraculously nomar is around on the way back you gotta take him or wait till the next time around and grab tejada. Id take prior infront of manny, but i wouldnt take him before vlad. many times people forget about vlad because hes not early on the list so there is a fair chance you can grab him.
cross your fingers for missouri
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:39 pm

I got Ramirez in the 7 slot and like him more after looking at his #s for a week or so. I was kind of 'arrgh, you should've got Prior' but, in retrospective, I got Javier Vazquez in the 4th round for an 'ace' pitcher and I like Ramirez' consistency a lot. A good combo of power and average.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers