SP - Burnett
RP - Wilson
RP - Morrow

BENCH

Cruz
Buehrle
Lester
W. Rodriguez

1. What should I do with my OF? I was thinking about dropping Bradley for Fukudome.

2. Should I trade Mccann? Drop Tulo?

3. Cain is a free agent, should I sign him? Drop Buehrle for him?
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need OF and P help...WHIR

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Tue May 12, 2009 12:54 am

Let's not be too rash.

Although Fukudome's been playing better so far than Bradley, his career numbers suggest that he's playing way below his level. He'll get his stuff together before too long, and keep in mind that both Kosuke and Bradley's numbers are going to be deflated for the short-term just with all the injuries/bad playing by the Cubs' power hitters. If you have an extra bench spot, I'd pick up Fukudome, but if that's not the case I wouldn't drop Bradley for him.

Don't trade McCann, you never know when Brandon Inge will start playing like Brandon Inge. Everyone's heard all about how his full-time 3B gig will help him post career numbers again, but it's better to have someone C-eligible like McCann in the wings if Inge's numbers start falling hard.

Don't drop Buehrle for Cain. If anything, drop Cruz for Cain, if you want to pick him up. This is assuming that that Cruz is Juan Cruz of the Royals. He may get a few saves while Soria's out, but isn't worth holding onto for the long haul.
Albert Pujols is to baseball what Jesus is to religion. He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. Pujols has a gift.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Tue May 12, 2009 12:56 am

Also, don't drop Tulo. Scutaro's playing waaaay above his head right now, and although the chance always exists that he'll keep his pace for a career year, I find it highly doubtful that he's finally put it all together at age 33. If and when his production starts getting more into line with his career numbers, you'll be glad that you held onto Troy.
Albert Pujols is to baseball what Jesus is to religion. He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. Pujols has a gift.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fan of the cubs » Tue May 12, 2009 1:08 am

Yeah, I just signed Cruz last night, yes Juan Cruz, to get some saves while Soria is on the DL. Wasn't planning on keeping him for long. I like having 5 closers in my rotation everyday (since Morrow also has SP eligibility, I can put him an SP slot on days when I only have 1 SP pitching).

Any problems with my team that I'm missing?
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 am

Your team looks solid as it is, with the only areas of potential concern being a possible drop-off in production from Inge and Scutaro, but I've mentioned in my previous post how you should handle such a situation.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fan of the cubs » Tue May 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Should I pick up Derrek Lee?
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fan of the cubs » Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Pat Burrell worth signing? I know he has been pretty unproductive so far, but its so early
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mhuhn23 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:04 pm

I'd do what you can to trade Inge...it already looks like he's returning back to Earth. Same situation with Scutaro. I'd try and package up Inge and Victorino to upgrade somewhere like Matt Kemp. Tulo seems to be getting on track, so if needed you could always drop Scutaro for the best player available (pitcher or batter)

Please help:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=384825
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team