New League - 1st Time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New League - 1st Time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New League - 1st Time

Postby RancerDS » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:04 pm

Greetings All,

Announcing a Yahoo Rottiserie league of 12 teams, offline draft (random order each round) with Commissioner veto. This is going to be a "clean" league, no cursing or sexual reference permitted.

Beginners are welcome, 2nd and 3rd season owners are preferred. Desired participation is preferred to be high, but not necessary. We will go with base stats provided by Yahoo, with no challenges.

Limited pitching to 900 innings and position players to 150 games. Roster slots include C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL. Weekly deadline will be Thursday.

Using 8 stats in batting and 8 in pitching. Current ranking using these stat categories are 8 batters, 1 relief pitcher and 1 starting pitcher. It balances the points by including caught stealing as well as stolen bases, losses and save opportunities to offset wins and saves.

E-mail mailto:RancerDS@yahoo.com for ID# and password with brief introduction paragraph of your experience/background. Team names should include city (or state) and mascot. Would like to begin drafting offline on March 22nd.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

More Details

Postby RancerDS » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:59 am

This is a free league.

Also, with the stats used, Javy Lopez jumps from 54th in rank to 21st, due to low whiffs and 100+ RBI's/40+ HR's. It also changes the number of pitchers into the Top 50 picks; going from 16 to 19.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Changing Number of Teams?

Postby RancerDS » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:59 am

Greetings,

Due to lack of response, I'm seriously considering dropping the number of teams from 12 to 8. There is very little response to this rotisserie league I'd created.

If there is anything blatantly wrong with the set up, please let me know. I've tried to put more emphasis upon players that do not get 100+ games of play time. Also, the focus is moved to starters and away from relief pitchers.

If the Offline draft is a problem, please let me know. I'm very good at setting that up, but if people prefer live draft, that can be done.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

rules

Postby fubu342 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:52 pm

too many rules dude/ too strict
fubu342

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

League Participation

Postby RancerDS » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:13 pm

We currently have 3 teams registered. The goal is 8, but the maximum is set to 12. We are looking to extend the DL to 2 and the bench to 7 if it's only 8 teams.

The Yahoo League ID# is 274523. The password is "abigail2".

The player trades will be vetoed by the commissioner only if there is apparent collusion, gross imbalance or if injury status is clearly unknown when trading for starters.

Will discuss any desired changes with existing owners to try to satisfy the general consensus.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Still desire 3 teams at least

Postby RancerDS » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:21 pm

We have 5 teams in this Yahoo! league... and trying to get 3 more. We will have a live "offline" draft, sometime Sunday, March 21st (most likely in the afternoon).

If you are interested, please join. My e-mail is supplied earlier if you have any questions.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds