Please rate my team...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team...WHIR

Postby Whosyomamma » Mon May 11, 2009 1:54 pm

So far I've won 4 out of my 5 H2H match ups and I'm in 1st place with a 2 game margin. Obviously with Johan and Greinke my SP is pretty solid but beyond those 2 I'm wondering if I should try to improve my SP a bit. Trades in my league are very tough as this a very competitive league and most owner's over value their players.

Would like to hear feedback on my team...leave a link WHIR.

Here is my team and league details (12-team H2H Std League - Weekly Rosters)
Start C,1B,2B,3B,SS,IF,4-OF,Util,5-SP,2-RP (Stats = R,HR,RBI,SB,BB,AVG,W,CG,SV,K,ERA,WHIP)
C - Soto, Napoli
1B - Morneau
2B - Cano, A.Hill, E.Burriss
3B - M.Cabrera(1B)
SS - S.Drew, Y.Escobar
OF - Victorino, C.Young, Ethier, Ad.Jones, S.Choo, Kubel
SP - J.Santana, Greinke, Danks, Volstad, J.Sanchez, M.Parra
RP - Papelbon, Fuentes, Morrow (SP), A.Bailey
DL - Matsuzaka
Whosyomamma
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please rate my team...WHIR

Postby mbp49 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Too many hitters, I would move Cano or Hill while they are hot...you should be able to acquire a good sp in return. I would go for a buy low candidate, maybe someone like Webb who is on the DL.
mbp49
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedumbkid12 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:38 pm

GO GET ZACH DUKE!
ONLY 53% OF ESPN OWNERS HAVE HIM.
GO GO GO
GO GET HIM.!
HE HAS 228 POINTS THIS SEASON
HE AVG 32.6 POINTS PER START!

GO GO GO!
thedumbkid12
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Sat May 16, 2009 2:58 am

...don't get Zach Duke.

He's been pitching pretty well this season, but I feel that's he's been performing beyond his ability. Coupled with the fact that he has one of the leagues worst offenses and a bullpen that has yet to establish its reliability... well, I'd personally wait. Also, he might be doing great in ESPN's scoring format according to the above, but as I'm sure you know what holds true for scoring in one league doesn't necessarily hold true for others. There's just not enough positives to take the flier on the guy - remember, there's a reason that only 53% of ESPN leaguers own him.

Moving on... It might be a bit harder after his performance tonight, but try shopping Danks around. The White Sox have proven to be completely lifeless on offense, so even though he pitches in a relatively benign AL Central, wins are going to be hard to come by for the guy. Parra and Volstad are reliable 2-3-4-ish SP, and obviously you don't have to worry about Johan, but I'm going to go ahead and go against the grain here and suggest that you start fielding some offers and testing the waters with Greinke. Clearly, he finished off '08 on a high note, and he's been lights out this season thus far... but I can't help but feel that everything's going to normalize for the kid very soon. For whatever reason, I just don't feel that he'll be able to finish off the season with the same dominance that he started it with. This is just my opinion, so decide what you will. Otherwise, Your rotation looks very strong, and I'm sure it has performed great up until this point. Best of luck to you with the rest of the season.
Last edited by WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan on Sat May 16, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Pujols is to baseball what Jesus is to religion. He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. Pujols has a gift.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 am

One thing I forgot to mention - Morrow was demoted to middle/long relief today, and David Aardsma has taken over 9th inning duties. Over the season, Aardsma has proven to be the better pitcher, and as long as he remains effective in the closer's role I can't imagine that Morrow will get another crack. Do with that information what you will.
Albert Pujols is to baseball what Jesus is to religion. He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. Pujols has a gift.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Philbo135 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:56 pm

I would tend to agree with Practice. I too have Danks and am waiting at least one more start before I try and move him. I would also strongly try and move Cano or Hill( your choice) as you seem to have some overlap there at 2B . Overall it seems like your team is doing well and I wouldn't make too many moves if you are winning right now, but that's just my opinion.
viewtopic.php?t=385413
Philbo135
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team