Looking to Upgrade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Looking to Upgrade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to Upgrade WHIR

Postby mbp49 » Mon May 11, 2009 1:46 pm

I am currently in a 14 Team 5X5 H2H league with 4 keepers. I am currently 24-23-3 and am looking to upgrade. I have posted my team below. Any ideas of who to trade, or who to trade for? I don't want to shake up my team too much, but I think a deal or 2 can put me over the top. If you can rate my team I would appreciate it as well. WHIR...

C Pablo Sandoval (SF - C,1B,3B)
1B Mark Teixeira (NYY - 1B)
2B Alexei Ramírez (CWS - 2B,SS,OF)
3B Scott Rolen (Tor - 3B)
SS Cristian Guzmán (Was - SS)
OF Grady Sizemore (Cle - OF)
OF Nelson Cruz (Tex - OF)
OF Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)
Util Jay Bruce (Cin - OF)
SP Chad Billingsley (LAD - SP)
SP Max Scherzer (Ari - SP,RP)
RP Brian Fuentes (LAA - RP)
RP Mike González (Atl - RP)
P David Aardsma (Sea - RP)
P Chris Volstad (Fla - SP)
P Dave Bush (Mil - SP)
BN Orlando Hudson (LAD - 2B)
BN Scott Kazmir (TB - SP)
BN Justin Masterson (Bos - SP,RP)
BN David Price (TB - SP) NA
BN Kyle Davies (KC - SP)
DL Hiroki Kuroda (LAD - SP) DL
DL Justin Duchscherer (Oak - SP) DL
mbp49
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking to Upgrade WHIR

Postby Hit Factory » Mon May 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey man this is a pretty good team for such a large league. I would suggest looking to upgrade 2nd,3rd, or SS. You don't seem to have any trade bait which makes things more difficult, however I would look to package Jay Bruce or Nelson Cruz along with either Alexei or Rolen.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=384406
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mbp49 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:30 pm

I am close to completing a rollins for kazmir trade. Rollins is a good buy low candidate, but I am worried I might stretch myself thin in pitching. What do you think?
mbp49
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MadduxWasJuiced » Mon May 11, 2009 3:35 pm

I think if you can get Rollins for Kazmir it's definitely worth stretching your pitching a bit. Very nice team for a 14-deep league!
MadduxWasJuiced
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby caliendo » Mon May 11, 2009 5:35 pm

I dont know what I think about ROllins. I have him on my team and I was thinking about dealing him. He is a runner and he has ONE sb so far this year. Hes hitting awful for avg and has brought nothing to my team. He's 31 which is definitely the wrong side of the 30 for a SS who runs. I dont know if I would trade Kazmir for ROllins but then again I feel like I might be in the minority.

Help me with mine? Im kinda in the same situation

viewtopic.php?t=384446
caliendo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby livinginarizona » Mon May 11, 2009 6:26 pm

I like the Kazmir for Rollins trade. Rollins is off this year but he'll turn it on later. Kazmir appears to be in the same funk as Rollins.

Bills is definitely your ace, losing Kazmir won't be as bad as you think it would be.

And I'd also be playing ODog (OHudson) right now if I were you. I'd also shift Sandoval to the third base spot, and try to find yourself a Catcher. (Rolen is on the DL I believe).

Thanks for help with mine.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan » Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 am

I'm going to go ahead and agree with the consensus that the Kazmir for Rollins trade is a good idea. Rollins will get going eventually, and your pitching staff seems that it will be able to absorb whatever loss of production results from not having Kazmir anymore. And I also have to agree with the poster that mentioned losing Kazmir won't be as bad as you may think, because I absolutely agree. His fantasy potential is hurt by the fact that he has to face high powered squads like the BoSox, Yanks, and Toronto constantly, and the upgrade at SS with Rollins would more than compensate for losing Kazmir. Also, nice team for such a large league. You've drafted/traded/waivered very well. If you wouldn't mind, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=384532
Albert Pujols is to baseball what Jesus is to religion. He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. Pujols has a gift.
WeTalkinAboutPracticeMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team