Help with Rich Aurilla(a little long) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help with Rich Aurilla(a little long)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with Rich Aurilla(a little long)

Postby Mr. October » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:10 pm

I'm in a 10 team, 5x5, H2H league and I ended up taking RA in the 21st(last rd) of the draft. I would target shortstops throughout the draft but they would get swiped off the board before it got back to me so I decided to wait. Should I feel cofortable with my current situation or should I look to the WW? Rookies K. Greene and B. Crosby are there as well as A. Everett, J. Lugo, J. Valentine, Derosa, Vizquel, Larkin, Counsell, Eckstien, Uribe, both A-Gonz, J. Wilson, and C. Guzman. Yeah I know, pretty ugly. I'm thinking about taking a chance on Greene but I would like a little input before I do so. I watched his entire college career( he played for my arch rival) and I am impressed with him but is he ready for MLB pitching? The rest of my lineup is pretty solid(I think) so I hope I can still compete either way. I'm just not high on RA and going to that pitchers park in Seattle is worrisome.

Also, should I drop Penny for Ishii, Washburn, Redding, Lawrence, Lohse, Cliff Lee, Escobar, Radke, D. Wells, or Garcia?

Thanks in advance.
Mr. October
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:32 pm

I would pick up Crosby to back up Aurillia. He could be very good. The early word on Greene is that he can hit for average, but doesn't have much power or speed.

If I were you, I'd drop Penny for Wells. He's pitching 3rd or 4th in the SD rotation (at least to start off the season, cause they want him for the home opener), and he should get a lot of run support. Lawrence might not be a bad idea for the same reason, but he hasn't looked good so far in ST.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby jbones733 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:26 am

i just traded Aurilla 4 joe Crede, I have Reyes at short & A Miles at 2nd, If Miles dont pan out, I was thinking of moving reyes to 2nd & picking up greene myself, should be able to find a sleeper shortstop somewhere
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers