David Wright for group of lesser - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

David Wright for group of lesser

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Wright for group of lesser

Postby Hitchcock » Mon May 11, 2009 10:20 am

I'm posting just to get a feel for what I can expect. I'm not he commish in my league, but everyone I've talked to in the league HATES this trade and wants it vetoed for one reason or another. Our commish lives in Europe so it's not easy to just call about issues. But here's the trade:

PWW:
Geovany Soto
Aaron Hill
Chipper Jones
Carlos Beltran

for

WS8:
David Wright
Troy Tulowitzki

The issues that come into play for us: Keeper league (minus Beltran, who's a keeper?). Team WS8: is kind of a pushover manager/owner who doesn't know too much about baseball and is kinda easily purseuded -polite-. The other main thing is, WS8 already has 2 decent/good 2B, and already has Rusell Martin @ C too.

Please just let me know if I should be expecting this to get vetoed or not. I play in league full of scumbags lol (I can be one as well, trade permitting)
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: David Wright for group of lesser

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 11, 2009 11:48 am

unless you expect collusion, not veto worthy
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby lilfrier » Mon May 11, 2009 1:16 pm

I wouldn't exactly call that a "group of lesser." Wright didn't play for much until pretty recently, same with Tulo. Soto's been even worse than them, but Hill has been on-pace for a career-year. Beltran's ALWAYS one of the best at his position, and Chipper's a great hitter for the 80% of games he plays in. I wouldn't trade Wright/Tulo for that, but it's not absurd or collusive at all.
lilfrier
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby RDD15 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:25 pm

lilfrier wrote:I wouldn't exactly call that a "group of lesser." Wright didn't play for much until pretty recently, same with Tulo. Soto's been even worse than them, but Hill has been on-pace for a career-year. Beltran's ALWAYS one of the best at his position, and Chipper's a great hitter for the 80% of games he plays in. I wouldn't trade Wright/Tulo for that, but it's not absurd or collusive at all.

This
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Hitchcock » Mon May 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks to all who's commented...
I think I'm just thinking keeper wise he's giving up Wright for Beltran. I don't see him keeping someone like Hill (w/ all the 2B doing well this season), or Soto (w/ Martin already). And Chipper? Doubtful, b/c you know he won't play a full season.
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RDD15 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 pm

It probably isn't a great deal long-term, but it is absolutely not the responsibility, nor should it be an option, of the commissioner's to veto a deal based on long-term effect when in the short-term, it could be beneficial to both.

Basically, if the guy is trying to win now and say damn the future, that is his call.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby lilfrier » Tue May 12, 2009 3:24 am

Well, IDK what his team is. Maybe the team trading Wright have enough long-term keepers. Is it full-team keeper or limited? Beltran's still got at least 3 more productive years anyway, and that team getting Beltran may have a pressing need at OF or has a really good 3B as another option. No way you can veto this, really, but circumstances could even make the team trading Wright seem smart.
lilfrier
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Commissioner's Corner