Slow start. Make some moves? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Slow start. Make some moves? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slow start. Make some moves? WHIR

Postby uhhhjboy » Sun May 10, 2009 10:41 pm

My offensive production has been stellar outside of RBIs and SBs. I've been losing in H2H the past two weeks with opponents having flukey outbursts of offense and my pitchers showing a mediocre set of pitching stats. This week was a bad week since Phillips was out with the flu and Youk has been sidelined (no pun intended). My ERA finished at 5.33 but tied my opponent at 60 Ks. I just dropped Meche for Nolasco off the FA list today.

Should I attempt to package either V Martinez / R Martin with Corey Hart / Alex Rios and a SP in a 3for2 for an Ace and a 1B/3B, or just wait it out and hope Kazmir and Burnett can find their skillset again.

10 teams, H2H mixed league:
R H HR RBI SB AVG
W SV K ERA WHIP K/9

C - R. Martin
1B - V. Martinez
2B - B. Phillips
3B - K. Youkilis
SS - J. Rollins
OF - G. Sizemore
OF - C. Quentin
OF - A. Rios
UT - R. Ibanez
BN - C. Hart

SP - C. Volstad, AJ Burnett, R. Nolasco, S. Kazmir, A. Galarraga, W. Rodriguez, E. Jackson
RP - M. Capps, R. Franklin
DL - J. Lackey
BN - Tommy Hanson
uhhhjboy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Slow start. Make some moves? WHIR

Postby yoshi99 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:07 am

Your hitting is stacked, just be patient with Rollins and Sizemore, they'll be money in the end. Youkillis is not gonna approach his career year of last year, but is off to a hot start, you might want to see if you could package him with someone for a stud SP, chances are there is a Sox fan in your league.
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete Rose, I would wear a dress." - Joe DiMaggio
yoshi99
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Hit Factory » Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 am

I would move V-Mart into the catcher slot and package Russell Martin and Ibanez for a Gonzo/Mourneau type first baseman, (or Votto+SP)

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=384352
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby caliendo » Mon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm

I think you should be fine from here on out and just let it roll. Pretty solid team, but I do agree with the poster above me about maybe moving Martin. That would definitely help too

help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=384446
caliendo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby uhhhjboy » Mon May 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Yea, I've been debating on whether or not to move Martin or VMart. Don't need both and can package them with someone for a good 2for1 to a team that needs a C (most do since catchers seem to be off to a bad start this year)
uhhhjboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RAmst23 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:21 am

Trade up by offering Martin and an OFer (Ibanez, Hart, Rios whoever) to either get a stud 1B or stud SP. Your RP is a little weak, but that's not a huge deal in H2H. Either trade for an RP, or wait and find someone off waivers.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby uhhhjboy » Tue May 12, 2009 2:41 am

I offered VMart & Ibanez for Adrian Gonzalez and he countered with his Soto/Lowell/Gonzalez/Reyes for my VMart/Youkilis/Rollins.

I might go for this. Reyes > Rollins is good and I think Lowell could end up with similar stats to Youk but I'm worried about his health. Gonzalez over VMart is steal as well. I feel like I should re-offer him without Soto in the trade because I'll probably end up getting rid of him at some point for a reliever
uhhhjboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wallywojo » Tue May 12, 2009 10:49 am

I think you have a very solid team. I would be watching the waiver wire to improve on Capps. He can be improved on just through the waiver wire with an injured or shaky closer.
wallywojo
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team