Nomar or Tejada... who should i grab - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar or Tejada... who should i grab

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nomar or Tejada... who should i grab

Postby bruuno2 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:46 am

Tejada is having a better spring so far.Our draft is today!Help a brother out here. :-o
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:50 am

Nomar, better batting average, other numbers similar.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Clevelander » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:56 am

tejada and garci are nearly the same...heads or tails...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jonnyblack » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:33 pm

They both play in hitters parks, and if you look at tejada's second half numbers, his average wasnt that bad. I also think you flip a coin, but I'm leaning to tejada. Then again Nomahhhhh will swipe a few bags for ya. tough call.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby hwilensk261 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:38 pm

NOMAAAAAAAAAAA HANDS DOWN
hwilensk261
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:56 pm

Only downside I can think of for Nomar is his dropoff on the road which tagged me the first week of the playoffs. I got killed by this last year and, as they are back on the west coast this year, I decided not to even think about Nomar, even though he IS one of my favorite players to watch. He has always been a bit better @ home but last year the dropoff was very pronounced (.359@ home vs.243 on the road. As I am in a H2H league, I think that it contributed to my demise in the playoffs ( I also had Millar and Mueller as starters who took a vacation that week...I only have Ramirez from the Bosox this year). For some reason, to me, this might go hand in hand w/ him getting up in years and that sort of thing as well, harder to travel or something like that.

Tejada, on the other hand, is young and, despite the 'injury' stuff recently, may be better. He did take a LONG time to get warmed up last year but was much more productive the second 1/2. This is not necessarily a bad thing the way our league seems to work. Everyone gets locked in on the dudes that do well the first half and the value of 'slow starters' seems to really plummet.

To me, even though the numbers appear to favor Nomar, I might have considered Tejada instead, had I not gone w/ Soriano for my second round IF. Actually, Nomar went FOURTH in our league and Tejada went like 29 so I could have gotten Tejada but picked Ramirez/ Soriano/ Sheffield for my first 3. I had decided before the draft though to go for Berroa a bit lower and was able to pull that off too.

I think that it will be a closer call than it might appear, looking at last year's total stats. I think Tejada may very well have a much better year this year and that it could be worth taking a chance on him.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:19 pm

jonnyblack wrote:They both play in hitters parks, and if you look at tejada's second half numbers, his average wasnt that bad. I also think you flip a coin, but I'm leaning to tejada. Then again Nomahhhhh will swipe a few bags for ya. tough call.

No, they do not both play in hitter's parks.

Camden Yards is a pitcher's park. While it boost homers, it has a major negatove effect on every other offensive stat.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby jumpman8288 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:35 pm

I'd say Miguel...you can probly get him a round later than Nomar. And his average is sure to go up...he had a .265 average at home when he was with the A's.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jumpman8288 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:36 pm

Sorry, his career average at home was .257.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bost0n » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:52 pm

Nomar please.
cross your fingers for missouri
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next