How's my team - will my pitching come around? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How's my team - will my pitching come around?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's my team - will my pitching come around?

Postby Grizzlies » Sun May 10, 2009 12:46 pm

10-team non-keeper h2h league, 1-C, 1-1B, 1-2B, 1-SS, 1-3B, 1-Util, 3-P, 2-RP, 2-P, set roster weekly
we get 30 add/drop moves per year (used 7 so far)
Stat categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

If my team can get and stay healthy and live up to its potential I think I'll be OK. What do you think? Any major areas of concern or changes you'd make? I'm punting holds as are most of the managers in my league.

C - Geovany Soto
1B - Kevin Youkilis(1B,3B), Carlos Peña
2B - Robinson Canó, Felipe López(2B,3B,SS,OF)
3B - David Wright
SS - Rafael Furcal
OF - Jason Bay, Adam Dunn, Adam Lind, Raúl Ibañez, B.J. Upton
SP - CC Sabathia, Chad Billingsley, John Danks, A.J. Burnett, Joe Saunders, Carlos Zambrano, John Lackey
RP - Heath Bell, Brad Lidge, José Valverde
Try my Fantasy Sports Search engine for all your fantasy sports research - http://fantasy-sports-search-swicki.eurekster.com/
Grizzlies
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How's my team - will my pitching come around?

Postby Zain1two3 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Your team is solid on paper but take note of a few things. Burnett and Sabathia will not have the same year they did in 2008. With Sabathia, he's a slow starter and he will definitely heat up but he will not be able to reproduce the form he showed in the second half with Milwaukee. Remember that he was playing for a mega bucks contract. And there is a big difference playing with no pressure what so ever in Milwaukee than for the Yankees where he has to be the ace of the staff and lead them to the playoffs in a tough division. Burnett will definetly not win 20 games this year. He'll get you the Ks but not the innings. HE's an injury proned pitcher who pitched alot of innings last year in his contract year.
Zain1two3
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zain1two3 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Your team is solid on paper but take note of a few things. Burnett and Sabathia will not have the same year they did in 2008. With Sabathia, he's a slow starter and he will definitely heat up but he will not be able to reproduce the form he showed in the second half with Milwaukee. Remember that he was playing for a mega bucks contract. And there is a big difference playing with no pressure what so ever in Milwaukee than for the Yankees where he has to be the ace of the staff and lead them to the playoffs in a tough division. Burnett will definetly not win 20 games this year. He'll get you the Ks but not the innings. HE's an injury proned pitcher who pitched alot of innings last year in his contract year.
Zain1two3
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grizzlies » Sun May 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Even though my pitchers are under performing so far, I'm still in first place in my league. I'm hoping that if Sabathia and Burnett come back even close to last year I'll be able to maintain my lead.
Try my Fantasy Sports Search engine for all your fantasy sports research - http://fantasy-sports-search-swicki.eurekster.com/
Grizzlies
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team