Who will be more productive this year - Reimold or Coghlan? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who will be more productive this year - Reimold or Coghlan?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will be more productive this year - Reimold or Coghlan?

Postby cometfan » Sat May 09, 2009 10:06 pm

I'm in a very deep nonkeeper league and we only get 2 waiver wire additions per year. I'm thinking about adding either Reimold or Coghlan? Who do you guys think will be more productive this year? Thanks guys.
cometfan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who will be more productive this year - Reimold or Coghlan?

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sat May 09, 2009 11:17 pm

cometfan wrote:I'm in a very deep nonkeeper league and we only get 2 waiver wire additions per year. I'm thinking about adding either Reimold or Coghlan? Who do you guys think will be more productive this year? Thanks guys.

I would say Coghlan, just because the Orioles seem committed to letting Pie/Sweet Lou play their way off the ML roster and he will have probably a month or more longer on an ML roster.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hitchcock » Tue May 12, 2009 10:55 am

I can't tell you who'd be more productive this year b/c I do not know to much on Coghlan BUT....
Bobbleheadrusty wrote:I would say Coghlan, just because the Orioles seem committed to letting Pie/Sweet Lou play their way off the ML roster and he will have probably a month or more longer on an ML roster.

I dont' think there is that much truth to it. The O's have given Pie several chances to prove himself and he's failed greatly at it (in the field and at the plate), and I read a rumor the O's were trying to pass him through waivers right now anyways (rumor section @ si.com). Lou Montaneuz is now getting his shot, but w/ Luke Scott, you'd think this opens the door for Reimold. The only thing that'd turn me away from Reimold is for if some stupid reason (but not shocking) the O's bring up Oscar Sallazar instead from TripleA. But I have read on sites that managment has already said, once Reimold comes up, he's getting full time duties in LF. And w/ the O's doing nothing this year, if he can just prove better than Lou he'll have the job for the rest of the season.
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue May 12, 2009 11:20 am

Hitchcock wrote:I can't tell you who'd be more productive this year b/c I do not know to much on Coghlan BUT....
Bobbleheadrusty wrote:I would say Coghlan, just because the Orioles seem committed to letting Pie/Sweet Lou play their way off the ML roster and he will have probably a month or more longer on an ML roster.

I dont' think there is that much truth to it. The O's have given Pie several chances to prove himself and he's failed greatly at it (in the field and at the plate), and I read a rumor the O's were trying to pass him through waivers right now anyways (rumor section @ si.com). Lou Montaneuz is now getting his shot, but w/ Luke Scott, you'd think this opens the door for Reimold. The only thing that'd turn me away from Reimold is for if some stupid reason (but not shocking) the O's bring up Oscar Sallazar instead from TripleA. But I have read on sites that managment has already said, once Reimold comes up, he's getting full time duties in LF. And w/ the O's doing nothing this year, if he can just prove better than Lou he'll have the job for the rest of the season.

Well, the Scott thing happened after my last comment, but Im still not sure it changes much. I think Reimold still gets left behind Salazar, and if he does come up they have 4 guys getting ab at LF/DH.

Either way, the Pie experience SHOULD be over.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Minor League & College Baseball