We have a VETO... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

We have a VETO...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

We have a VETO...

Postby Clevelander » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:03 am

im dead as i have a deal pending with this owner and im affraid now that i might have killed my own deal because i have veto'd and asked the league to seriously check out the other deal he has pending....

deal 1...i get manny ramirez & abreu and im giving him lowell, sosa, and damon...

my reasons are i have hinske, and am upgrading damon to abreu and sosa to manny...his reasons...you traded away 84 home runs for 57, 275 RBI's for 205, 278 runs for 216, 446 hits for 358, and 33 stolen bases for 25; if you look at the numbers the one who will benifit most from our trade will be me, one cause Johnny Damon should have a good year this year because last year was his off year, Sammy Sosa is going to have another tremendous year like he usually does, and hey Mike Lowell is the greatest power hitting third basemen in the league (A-Rod isn't a true thrid baseman); so if you look at it like that all you got were two good players while I got three good player and got rid of a mediocre player. And to think my trade was bad for Urbina, you just boosted my team up even more than it already was.

deal 2....another owner is giving him URBINA..? for get this...kevin brown...his reasons...Brown is way to injury prone and I have enough starting pitching and I needed to go and get some relief. And Urbina is a good closer and will have another solid year, just because your on an average team doesn't mean you can't rack up saves (Gange anyone?), he also has Willis and Beckett coming back to ya know, so he will have so good starting pitching to help him out. Are the marlins the team they were last year though; HELL NO, they lost to many of player to free agency, the biggest ones being Pudge to Detroit and Mark Reddman to Oakland, but they'll do okay. They might even finish as good as second in their division, you never know. It's why the games are played.

COME ON..i had to veto it but it may have cost me my deal...any other craziness in your leagues...? do you agree with this nonsense..?
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:06 am

Read my thread "The debate on veto power"

I don't think you should veto "ANY" trade unless your sure it's collusion. :-t
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mighty Monks » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:13 am

yea, that deal is not t hat bad. Brown could easily get hurt, and urbina could easily get a team and have 35 saves. It could go the other way too. If that team had a lot of starting pitching, then there is nothing wrong with that deal.
Mighty Monks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrmarley » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:45 pm

I don't think it's cause for veto...it was a good idea to bring it up though, because apparently the other owner still thinks U2 is with Florida...

And Urbina is a good closer and will have another solid year, just because your on an average team doesn't mean you can't rack up saves (Gange anyone?), he also has Willis and Beckett coming back to ya know, so he will have so good starting pitching to help him out. Are the marlins the team they were last year though; HELL NO, they lost to many of player to free agency, the biggest ones being Pudge to Detroit and Mark Reddman to Oakland, but they'll do okay. They might even finish as good as second in their division, you never know.

Basic research would have told him what the situation was involving the guy he was trading for. There is still a chance though that U2 lands on a team and becomes the closer he wanted. If not, live and learn, I guess :-?
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jbuk » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:49 pm

I don't think it's a good trade, but I wouldn't veto it. Agree with Marley about the owner obviously thinking Urbina's still with the Marlins, though, may be a good thing to point this out to him.
jbuk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers