Randy Wells... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Randy Wells...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Randy Wells...

Postby Fenway Frank » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Randy Wells is from my mother's hometown of Belleville, IL. and no, he NEVER played for Toronto. He played his ball at southwestern illinois community college (where my mother is a biology professor)
and was drafted by the Cubs. ya, he gets screwed outta wins and once Psycho Z gets back, he's likely to see the pen and have Marsh go back at #5. at least, that's the vibe in belleville (only 2 hours from chi-town). i even had the honor of being at the same roulette table as him one night!
Fenway Frank
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nolanwood » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Fenway Frank wrote:Randy Wells is from my mother's hometown of Belleville, IL. and no, he NEVER played for Toronto. He played his ball at southwestern illinois community college (where my mother is a biology professor)
and was drafted by the Cubs. ya, he gets screwed outta wins and once Psycho Z gets back, he's likely to see the pen and have Marsh go back at #5. at least, that's the vibe in belleville (only 2 hours from chi-town). i even had the honor of being at the same roulette table as him one night!

Lou stated a few days ago (read about 3 posts back...) that Marshall will stay in the pen and Wells will stay in the rotation when Harden returns. "Psycho Z" is already back. The Cubs are going to ride Wells while he's hot, and although it always seems like Marshall gets screwed, it's actually probably a pretty good move. If Wells continues to pitch like he has it only boosts his trade value and obviously helps the Cubs at the same time. Marshall to the pen is a big improvement, too, as he replaced Cotts (who ironically is from the Belleville area, too) as the only lefty.

I live in Bellevegas and there is no "vibe" about Wells going to the pen (nor if there was would it even remotely matter considering the "vibe" in Belleville or the writeup in the BND doesn't have anything to do with the decision-making of the Chicago Cubs). Also, Belleville is closer to FIVE hours from Chicago.

Another correction... Wells was taken as rule five pick by Toronto and DID pitch one scoreless inning (his MLB debut) against the Red Sox on April 5, 2008. DFA on April 10,2008, and returned to the Cubs on April 16, 2008.
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby metsfan12 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Ouch, nice post Nolanwood. I'd like to give a shot at an executive summart on your post.

To Fenway Frank:
1. You are wrong
2. Even if you were right who cares about your mom and the sentiment in her hometown.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:35 pm

Fenway Frank wrote:belleville (only 2 hours from chi-town). i even had the honor of being at the same roulette table as him one night!

Belleville may be the east side of St. Louis, but it's still a healthy 4-5 hour drive to Chicago from there.

Where'd you play with him at? The Queen?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates