Randy Wells... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Randy Wells...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Randy Wells...

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Ok Cubs fan and all here, but where did this cat come from? I know alot can go wrong still, but thus far holding Milwaukee scoreless through 4 IP, 4H, 2BB, 4K but most of all 0ER... anyone have any news on this guy? i know this is because of Big Z's DL stint but whats the background on him? I know he was with Toronto last year, but i don't have anything on him?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Randy Wells...

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:41 pm

ok his name is now definitely on my radar, anyone else?

so far 2 starts since Big Z's DL stint, this kid has come out of no where, i really have no information on him, but held Milwaukee scoreless in his first start and did the same with the ever powerful St. Louis squad today... so far through 2 career starts hes posting a quiet line, but very respectable giving the teams hes went up against...

2 starts, 11 IP, 9 H, 4 BB, 9 K, but most of all Zero R/ER... he didn't get the win in his first start as Aaron Hielman blew the save, and fricken Kevin Gregg is on his way to blowing this save (came into the ninth with a 4-0 lead, so far has allowed back-2-back solo homers to Berkman/Lee and just allowed a single to Tejada, 1 on no outs)...

so what are the thoughts around here anyone wanna comment on this kid drafted back in 2002 and getting his first shot at the bigs just now?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Citi Field of Dreams » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 pm

This guy is great. Absolutely stunning performance. But how can the Cubs continuously screw this guy out of wins?
If Ozzie Smith can make the Hall, why can't Rey Ordóñez?
Citi Field of Dreams
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CLN » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:25 am

If I'm last in my division in a keeper league, should I trade this guy now while he's rolling? I just don't know if he's real or not. I already got duped earlier this year by Ricky Romero.
CLN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cnote23 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:47 am

he looked pretty dam good to me for sure worth a pick up he needs to win though but that is not his fault.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby metsfan12 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:02 am

CLN wrote:If I'm last in my division in a keeper league, should I trade this guy now while he's rolling? I just don't know if he's real or not. I already got duped earlier this year by Ricky Romero.

I'd move him now if you can. He wasn't a high prospect so my guess is that he continues to see some success if he stays up when Harden comes back and after awhile he will not be worth much at all.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Citi Field of Dreams » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:48 pm

metsfan12 wrote:I'd move him now if you can. He wasn't a high prospect so my guess is that he continues to see some success if he stays up when Harden comes back and after awhile he will not be worth much at all.

Ten bucks says Sean Marshall gets the boot before Wells does. Marshall will end up in the 'pen.
If Ozzie Smith can make the Hall, why can't Rey Ordóñez?
Citi Field of Dreams
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheRaven » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:14 am

Citi Field of Dreams wrote:
metsfan12 wrote:I'd move him now if you can. He wasn't a high prospect so my guess is that he continues to see some success if he stays up when Harden comes back and after awhile he will not be worth much at all.

Ten bucks says Sean Marshall gets the boot before Wells does. Marshall will end up in the 'pen.

I think that will happen too..but I don't see Wells continuing his pattern of success thus far. He will begin to taper off, and has the potential to be quite useless within a few months. So if someone can get something of value back for him now, I would make that move.
TheRaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nolanwood » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 am

Citi Field of Dreams wrote:Ten bucks says Sean Marshall gets the boot before Wells does. Marshall will end up in the 'pen.

Bold prediction given that Lou confirmed this days ago...

Sean Marshall-S-Cubs May. 31 - 6:53 pm et

Cubs manager Lou Piniella said Sean Marshall would be placed into the bullpen following Rich Harden's return.

As suspected. Marshall has received a raw deal at every turn, and it's too bad the Cubs didn't trade him over the winter. He's a legitimate third or fourth starter, as he's demonstrated while posting a 3.83 ERA in his seven starts this season. Randy Wells will start over him for now.
Source: Arlington Heights Daily Herald
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby metsfan12 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:10 am

TheRaven wrote:
Citi Field of Dreams wrote:

I think that will happen too..but I don't see Wells continuing his pattern of success thus far. He will begin to taper off, and has the potential to be quite useless within a few months. So if someone can get something of value back for him now, I would make that move.

Exactly. I think a few months is more likely to be 1 month until he is quite useless. On the other hand, it might be a little early to try and trade such an unproven guy but I also said I'd suggest it if you can something. His next start should be very interesting. It is @Cincy vs Arroyo (who sucks). The Cincy offense has been pretty bad so far but if you watched Wells pitch he is a flyball guy. A couple of those Brave flyouts would be HR in Cincy. I am probably going to sit him and if he has a nice start then try to trade him. If he blows I'll drop him probably.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates