Aramis Ramirez goes down again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Aramis Ramirez goes down again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Aramis Ramirez goes down again

Postby coma » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:i love how a player is your best friend until he slumps for a week or 2 or gets injured, then hes the worst most injury prone player in the league... get over the fact that aramis made play that any player would make for his REAL life team, and sadly because he sacrificed his body to make a dive for a grounder he ends up with a freak injury, get over it...

hes one of the most consistent 3B in the league, if your looking on the low end look for 25 hr and 90 rbi, but will most likely be pleasantly surprised with 25-30 and 100 rbi, he hits for a good average hovering around .285-.300+ and like previously stated has averaged 145+ games in 8 seasons, 146 in the last three seasons, and in 8 full seasons has totaled under 140 games in one year only twice... also its the little things that aram does that boosts your team more then most 3B, 1 year in 8 of 100 or more Ks, with 3 others in the 90s otherwise but look at the other 5 where he didn't touch 70 strikeouts... consistently with 30+ doubles, oh and since 2001 his first season hes batted under .270 for a season once and over .290 or better 5 times, not to mention he started out this year at .364...

needless to say they are saying he will be back after the ASB and i think he has shown over the past 8 seasons that he is worth hanging out to and counting on for the 2nd half...

You just made me really excited for him to come back, thanks :-D .
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Salty-Dog » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:20 am

bazzy_51 wrote:i love how a player is your best friend until he slumps for a week or 2 or gets injured, then hes the worst most injury prone player in the league... get over the fact that aramis made play that any player would make for his REAL life team, and sadly because he sacrificed his body to make a dive for a grounder he ends up with a freak injury, get over it...

hes one of the most consistent 3B in the league, if your looking on the low end look for 25 hr and 90 rbi, but will most likely be pleasantly surprised with 25-30 and 100 rbi, he hits for a good average hovering around .285-.300+ and like previously stated has averaged 145+ games in 8 seasons, 146 in the last three seasons, and in 8 full seasons has totaled under 140 games in one year only twice... also its the little things that aram does that boosts your team more then most 3B, 1 year in 8 of 100 or more Ks, with 3 others in the 90s otherwise but look at the other 5 where he didn't touch 70 strikeouts... consistently with 30+ doubles, oh and since 2001 his first season hes batted under .270 for a season once and over .290 or better 5 times, not to mention he started out this year at .364...

needless to say they are saying he will be back after the ASB and i think he has shown over the past 8 seasons that he is worth hanging out to and counting on for the 2nd half...

are you directing this at me???

1. I realize his merits as a player, that why I drafted him
2. I'm not bashing him, I'm not freaking out here
3. I'm stating my feeling that he might not return/be very productive (again i hope i'm wrong) - what does his past 8 years of durabilty have to do with his shoulder injury not being an issue in the 2H?? If he gets shut down b/c his shoulder needs surgery, his past durability won't matter and plays no part in this.
4. I got the stat, 146 per year is very solid, my bad.
5. you're a tool
Salty-Dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby clevername » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:13 pm

while I think he'll come back and play in the 2nd half, counting on him isn't something I'd advise.

He may come back and hit well or he may come back and hit .250 with 3 HR. Shoulder injuries sap power and he's still talking about surgery in the offseason to actually fix this.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby schmidty » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:08 am

Starts minor league rehab this Friday. Barring setback, he'll return to the Cubs by next Monday ;-D

Ramirez (shoulder) will play in his first minor league rehab game on Friday with Low-A Peoria, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Recommendation: He's expected to play in the three-game weekend set before returning to the Cubs on Monday. Barring a setback, Ramirez should get about full week's worth of games in Chicago prior to the All-Star break.

(Rotowire.com)
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby patthebat » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:30 pm

How'd he look tonight?

Anyone?
patthebat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby krsmith16 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Ho-hum night at the plate.

Atlanta isn't exactly the greatest team to face coming back from a along layoff. Last night, was Jurjens, tonight, Vasquez. While Vaz has been dominate lately, he will leave one up in the zone from time to time. If nothing else, we should get a good guage on Ramirez' bat speed.
krsmith16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby silverZ » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:21 am

How is he looking? I'm thinking of trading him.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 74)

Postby krsmith16 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:32 am

He was 2-4 last night and should have been 3-4. He lined a single to center, then was robbed his next at-bat. In his 3rd at-bat, he lined a single to left. Soriano made him look bad with a nasty slider in the 9th.

I'm not about to trade him. His value right now is in the line-up---not the trade market.
krsmith16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justblaze » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Aramis is been a beast for a bit now. So I guess most of us are over about his shoulder issue? I'm glad he is hitting so well, so many people scared me with their diagnosis.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Salty-Dog wrote:

are you directing this at me???

1. I realize his merits as a player, that why I drafted him
2. I'm not bashing him, I'm not freaking out here
3. I'm stating my feeling that he might not return/be very productive (again i hope i'm wrong) - what does his past 8 years of durabilty have to do with his shoulder injury not being an issue in the 2H?? If he gets shut down b/c his shoulder needs surgery, his past durability won't matter and plays no part in this.
4. I got the stat, 146 per year is very solid, my bad.
5. you're a tool

COMICAL!!

points 3 and 5 and just great, id be glad to know that most didn't listen to this and now look at him... btw if your going to call me a tool at least make sure YOUR advice is going to be more accurate and correct then mine !+) ;-D

needless to say i think Aram is backing what i had posted and right back on track to be the consistant everyday hitter that hes scouted for, 4 dingers in 6 games to go along with 13 hits in those 6 yeah i think hes alright...

ohhhh and p.s. Salty Dog, comments weren't directly aimed at you it was a generalization about any sport and about any player but most of all about the sports fan in general, so next time use the chill pill before calling me a tool and then have my comments come true...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates