Aramis Ramirez goes down again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Aramis Ramirez goes down again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Aramis Ramirez goes down again

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:52 pm

on that whole UM study of 4-12 weeks, is that for the normal person also? this is a professional athlete also, i would say 4 weeks max, its a damn painful injury, ive never had one but have seen my dad dislocate his right shoulder twice, left once and he took 6 weeks to be fully recovered and hes an overweight 46 year old man also... be hoping he didn't tear the rotator cuff at the same time, my father did that with his 3rd one and that will knock him out for alot longer... really sucks tho for him, the cubs, fans and fantasy owners it really was a freak play diving to stop a ground ball...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheBambino » Fri May 08, 2009 9:57 pm

I was actually referring to ... Is anyone thinking of grabbing Scott Rolen? hehe
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RenPastana » Fri May 08, 2009 9:57 pm

I missed how he came down and only saw him lying on the ground in fervent pain while grabbing his left shoulder...

Per rotoworld
Aramis Ramirez suffered a dislocated left shoulder Friday after diving for a ball on third base.
Uh oh. No timetable for his return was given, but this isn't good news. On the bright side, it isn't a separated shoulder, which is significantly worse due to ligament tears. A detailed prognosis will be known after medical officials examine him further. Mike Fontenot shifted to third from second while Aaron Miles came in to play second.
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby clevername » Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 pm

RenPastana wrote:
clevername wrote:it depends on how much collateral damage he got with the dislocation. He may have just gotten Scott Rolen'd.

What's this supposed to mean? Something ;-D i hope

no, it's definitely a :-t .

Once Rolen injured his shoulder by running into Choi (in addition to a previous shoulder injury from running into Cintron in the playoffs) he lost his bat. He hasn't been the same since and is what he is now: still a good defensive 3B but not a middle of the order bat and an inconsequential fantasy player. His shoulder will never be "right" again.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby rileysrompers » Fri May 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Im so sick of injuries on my team this year..

Ramirez twice
Hammels twice
Votto flu
Phillips flu
Guzman
Ankiel
Garrett Anderson
rileysrompers
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RenPastana » Fri May 08, 2009 10:11 pm

This is such horrible news...When drafting him, I accepted the fact he'd miss ~ 20 games but I was not counting on a major DL stint!

I also thought this could be The Year of the Cubs...not so much anymore

Come on Ramirez - don't go Scott Rolen on me
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:21 pm

rileysrompers wrote:Im so sick of injuries on my team this year..

Ramirez twice
Hammels twice
Votto flu
Phillips flu
Guzman
Ankiel
Garrett Anderson

Seriously Injuries happen, get over it... b*tchin and moanin bout it isn't going to change that fact that injuries and sickness happen in real life... like Votto and Phillips could help the fact of getting the flu, like Aramis could help making a play for HIS team not your fantasy team, same with Hamels and the ankle injury fielding his position (btw if your goin whine about him at least spell his name right, only one M) and Guzman and Anderson are just getting up there in age you have to expect injuries with them... and Ankiel you should take that name off that list, he sacrificed his body to make a brilliant play in order for his team to win, ignorant...

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rileysrompers » Fri May 08, 2009 10:44 pm

LOL, im so sorry .. Who pi$$ed on your corn flakes...

bazzy_51 wrote:
rileysrompers wrote:Im so sick of injuries on my team this year.. Arse

Ramirez twice
Hammels twice
Votto flu
Phillips flu
Guzman
Ankiel
Garrett Anderson

Seriously Injuries happen, get over it... b*tchin and moanin bout it isn't going to change that fact that injuries and sickness happen in real life... like Votto and Phillips could help the fact of getting the flu, like Aramis could help making a play for HIS team not your fantasy team, same with Hamels and the ankle injury fielding his position (btw if your goin whine about him at least spell his name right, only one M) and Guzman and Anderson are just getting up there in age you have to expect injuries with them... and Ankiel you should take that name off that list, he sacrificed his body to make a brilliant play in order for his team to win, ignorant...
rileysrompers
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RenPastana » Fri May 08, 2009 11:00 pm

Back to what the forum is for...UPDATES ON THE SEVERITY OF THE INJURY?
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 am

Early Report: from Yahoo...

Ramirez is diagnosed with a separated shoulder and could be out 4-6 weeks...More information is to be coming tomorrow and through the weekend but also remember, Ramirez previously suffered a hyperextended left shoulder in his rookie year with Pittsburgh in 1998, and missed the final month of the 2000 season with left shoulder subluxation.

This could turn out very bad, I thought it was just a Dislocation, but it is in fact being called a Separation... Keep an eye on this situation because even with the Cubs acquiring Freel earlier today, if Aram is out any extended period of time I can see them going out to get a replacement 3B... now this is just a feeling more of a hunch, and could be and might be TOTALLY wrong but will throw it out there, this could be the situation the cubs were looking for to get Peavy, something big to happen and get them worried that they need more help so i know it would be very costly but we could possibly see a Peavy/Kouzmanoff type deal, most likely NOT but its still out there... but like i say if hes out for a good deal of time the Cubs will almost have to go out to get a replacement 3B...

Again, more information to come tomorrow and through the end of the weekend... :~( :~(

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates