Justin Verlander - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Justin Verlander

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Justin Verlander

Postby thebawler » Fri May 08, 2009 9:38 pm

2 CG SO's tonight eat it haters
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Urbanist » Fri May 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Funny thing is, other than opening day, he's been pitching like this all year. He had some horrendous bad luck in a few starts that inflated his numbers to high heaven. I was trying to tell people who hadn't watched a single pitch thrown of his and only look at box scores the next morning that he was throwing like one of the top 2-3 pitchers in the game stuff wise. he had a down year last year and some incredible bad luck and people acted as if he was declining or trash. His fastball is 95-99, curve is incredible, change is more than solid and he has added a cutter(unoticed by many so far). If you look at fangraphs though you can clearly tell it's a cutter of some sort by it's movement and velocity.
Urbanist
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Fri May 08, 2009 9:45 pm

thebawler wrote:2 CG SO's tonight eat it haters

That's really great for you. You got two shutouts. Your acting like you just won the championship in your league, though. I mean haters, what the heck are you talking about? Who even cares? Get a grip.

Geesh. Lol.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CMCrai » Sat May 09, 2009 12:48 am

I had him last year so I still feel a little hung over. Let's just say I took a little Pepto and I'm feeling better, but it could go either way. But, I am glad I drafted him late.
CMCrai
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat May 09, 2009 11:44 am

i think his adjustment has been mostly mental...i think he's calmed himself down in pressure situations. also, he's been coming out throwing low to mid 90's and then dialing it up to 98+ when he needs to, instead of always pitching like that.

i also agree that he was the victim of some bad D in a few of his early starts, but FWIW the pic below is why he won 1-0 instead of losing 2-1 on a Grady Sizemore walkoff, so it goes both ways

at this point i'm thinking 06-07 (or better) is more likely what we'll see than 08
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thebawler » Sat May 09, 2009 12:09 pm

That catch was soooooooooooo sick!
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers