Thoughts on Matt Maloney. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Thoughts on Matt Maloney.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Matt Maloney.

Postby cnote23 » Fri May 08, 2009 2:21 pm

[code][/code] hey I been looking at this guy for a while pretting good numbers in AAA you guys think he is a deeper league guy to pick up right now?

LHP Matt Maloney, awaiting his chance with the Reds, was Class AAA Louisvilles Pitcher of the Month with a 2-0 record and a 1.86 ERA over 19 1/3 innings during which he walked none and struck out 15. The Reds do not have a lefthander in their rotation.

(Yahoo! Sports)
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Thoughts on Matt Maloney.

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri May 08, 2009 7:33 pm

cnote23 wrote:[code][/code] hey I been looking at this guy for a while pretting good numbers in AAA you guys think he is a deeper league guy to pick up right now?

LHP Matt Maloney, awaiting his chance with the Reds, was Class AAA Louisvilles Pitcher of the Month with a 2-0 record and a 1.86 ERA over 19 1/3 innings during which he walked none and struck out 15. The Reds do not have a lefthander in their rotation.

(Yahoo! Sports)

He's a flyball pitcher without an out pitch who gives up far too many HRs. At best he's a 4th or 5th starter, and shouldnt be fantasy relevant outside of the deepest NL only league.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on Matt Maloney.

Postby Steve-o » Fri May 08, 2009 7:45 pm

He just doesn't strike out enough guys to be fantasy relevant. If you are looking for a sleeper in an NL league, I prefer Kris Medlen, Atl (2009 - 1.17 ERA, 0.78 WHIP). Currently, his K/9 rate is 11.3, striking out 33% of the batters he faces, and his BB/9 is only 2.1, walking only 6% of the batters he faces. Those are some of the best numbers in AAA right now.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball