Need advice with pitching..WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need advice with pitching..WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Need advice with pitching..WHIR

Postby Hit Factory » Mon May 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Well its obvious what the issues are, Hamels was banged up and Lackey has pitched yet. Hamels looks to have turned the corner and over his last 3 starts he has pitched really well, (even though he got hurt in 2 of the 3...fluke injuries nothing serious though.) Lackey should be very affective when he returns from the DL and will give your team a major boost. Gallardo is a solid young pitcher, but expect a few mishaps here and there since he is still learning. However if you really want to solidify your lineup I would deal one of your closers for another SP.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=384352
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbp49 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Drop Bartlett and Sanchez, pick up Edwin Jackson and Romero. Put Romero on the DL, and pick up another SP, maybe Carmona. You will increase your K's just by having more starters go out there for you. Other than that, try packaging 2 of your SPs for an elite SP, although that might be tough.

Advice?
viewtopic.php?t=384396
mbp49
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fan of the cubs » Mon May 11, 2009 5:28 pm

mbp49 wrote:Drop Bartlett and Sanchez, pick up Edwin Jackson and Romero. Put Romero on the DL, and pick up another SP, maybe Carmona. You will increase your K's just by having more starters go out there for you. Other than that, try packaging 2 of your SPs for an elite SP, although that might be tough.

Advice?
viewtopic.php?t=384396

Bartlett is too good a player to just drop.

Especially since he is likely to get moved up in the order soon...remember he is currently hitting 8th. Thats not going to last with him hitting .350, 18 runs, 4 hrs, 13 rbis, and 7 steals. I would definitely just leave him Util and forget about him. However, he could definitely be packed with another player for a big trade.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby livinginarizona » Mon May 11, 2009 6:18 pm

UPDATE:

I dropped Matsui and picked up Kelvim Escobar, whom I will DL when Lackey returns(expected to be this week).
I also dropped Maholm and picked up EJackson.

I agree with previous poster that you just don't drop Bartlett. Too good, and he's handcuffing MYoung right now.

I'm hoping that between Hamels,Lackey,Gallardo, Weaver, Saunders, and Edwin Jackson that I can make headway on the Wins and K categories. I'll probably drop Pierre when Escobar comes off DL, I'm planning on running (no pun intended) with Pierre with the hopes he boosts R and SB category.

Appreciate everyone's help.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wallywojo » Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 am

Yep, the issue with your pitching is those are not strikeout people, so keep an eye on the waiver wire for someone getting tired with a pitcher. Sabathia owner might be ready to make a move with the right offer. Package one of those decent pitchers who does not get strikeouts and you could make that happen.

help with mine please. http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=384579
wallywojo
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team