Where's the love for Luke Hochevar? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where's the love for Luke Hochevar?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where's the love for Luke Hochevar?

Postby MaudDib » Sat May 09, 2009 10:06 pm

mac-unit wrote:
reenum wrote:A groundballer like Hochevar needs a good defense behind him to be successful. The Royals' infield is among the worst defensively in MLB. This will not end well.

They only have 10 infield errors. Aviles is their weak link in the infield and with the way he is batting he should be the guy sent down to bring Hochevar up.

I think think they will end up sending Davies down to open up a rotation spot. He still has an option remaining and Ponson has pitched decently for a #5 guy so until he implodes (which I have to expect will happen), Davies should see some AAA time to figure things out.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mac-unit » Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 pm

MaudDib wrote:
mac-unit wrote:
reenum wrote:A groundballer like Hochevar needs a good defense behind him to be successful. The Royals' infield is among the worst defensively in MLB. This will not end well.

They only have 10 infield errors. Aviles is their weak link in the infield and with the way he is batting he should be the guy sent down to bring Hochevar up.

I think think they will end up sending Davies down to open up a rotation spot. He still has an option remaining and Ponson has pitched decently for a #5 guy so until he implodes (which I have to expect will happen), Davies should see some AAA time to figure things out.

I was just joking with the Aviles thing. I'd agree with Davies going down until Ponson starts having to get pulled in the 4th and 5th inning.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 7)

Postby BJSFAN123 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:54 pm

He's been called up

"pitcher Luke Hochevar was recalled from Triple-A Omaha Sunday and will start on Tuesday night at Oakland, the Royals official website reports. Hochevar takes the place of injured closer Joakim Soria on the Royals active roster and replaces Sidney Ponson in the rotation."

Recommendation: Hochevar ranks as the Royals top pitching prospect and posted a 5-0 record in six starts for Omaha with a 0.90 ERA. He would be a pickup with upside if he's still available in your league.
(Rotowire.com)

I'm grabbing him.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby B-Chad » Sun May 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Dreamy stream matchup too.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby silverZ » Sun May 10, 2009 11:52 pm

I grabbed him after missing out on Cecil. Could he finally start to live up to his potential and stick?
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby 910BronxBomber » Mon May 11, 2009 1:35 am

BJSFAN123 wrote:He's been called up

"pitcher Luke Hochevar was recalled from Triple-A Omaha Sunday and will start on Tuesday night at Oakland, the Royals official website reports. Hochevar takes the place of injured closer Joakim Soria on the Royals active roster and replaces Sidney Ponson in the rotation."

Recommendation: Hochevar ranks as the Royals top pitching prospect and posted a 5-0 record in six starts for Omaha with a 0.90 ERA. He would be a pickup with upside if he's still available in your league.
(Rotowire.com)

I'm grabbing him.

I did the same thing. The matchup seems just too good to pass up. The downside though is we won't learn much from his outing if he looks good. (aka Brett Cecil). At this point, the A's are making every pitcher look like Cy Young winners.

Cheers,
910BB
910BronxBomber
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Mon May 11, 2009 7:26 am

Hochevar or Cecil ? The BlueJays look to be for real and will provide some run support. I need a replacemnet for Soria.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 183)

Postby 910BronxBomber » Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Surfs up wrote:Hochevar or Cecil ? The BlueJays look to be for real and will provide some run support. I need a replacemnet for Soria.

Hochevar has the better pitch selection. Cecil has the better run support, for now. Throw into the mix that Cecil has yet to pitch against a decent team this year, and it's any one's guess really.

Personally, I'm starting to buy back into the number one overall pick Hochevar. Hopefully he doesn't burn me this year too :-/

Cheers,
910BB
910BronxBomber
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Tue May 12, 2009 10:59 pm

910BronxBomber wrote:Personally, I'm starting to buy back into the number one overall pick Hochevar. Hopefully he doesn't burn me this year too :-/

Cheers,
910BB

How's that working out for ya so far.... O:-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Nails86 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:02 pm

No need to show delight in others' misery buddy. That's just not needed.

Anyways, was hoping to see him go out there and pitch well against the anemic Oakland lineup after that .90 ERA start in AAA. That would have been a great way SELL high. Luke had other things in mind. Wow. Absolutely destroyed.
Nails86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers