Manny BUBYE... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Manny BUBYE...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Manny BUBYE...

Postby peartist » Thu May 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Not a popular stance, but just make 'roids allowable with the same restrictions they put on alcohol, (like the current argument for marijuana).
I certainly don't feel sorry for Manny, but I also certainly understand the pressure and need to get an 'edge'. Especially since the line between what is a nutritional supplement and what's illegal gets blurrier all the time.
I'll now take the firestorm sure to come...
peartist
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RenPastana » Thu May 07, 2009 4:25 pm

californiasunshine wrote:
RenPastana wrote:
wildbill wrote:Karma's a female dog and Manny just got bit. He deserves it for all his crybaby antics over the years.

He deserves to be suspended for being a crybaby in the past? Please...I am sure you've done worse things in life so I guess that means you should be locked up in jail for at least 12 months right?

Get a life and grow a heart dude!

Why should he grow a heart for a guy who makes hundreds of millions of dollars and then complains he isn't getting paid enough and THEN uses PED's? I'll pass on feeling sorry

This case was dead and done with but since you asked I am not really against the suspension for using substances banned by MLB, what I didn't think was right is that someone believed Manny should be punished for the little things he did in the past as if he or anyone who feels the same way has never done anythin wrong in their life time...I hope that makes sense...been up all night studyin for a final
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby djack909 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Thank you Manny for 8 years with my Bosox and 2 WS champs. I will always be grateful for what this Washington Hts kid did for my team.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu May 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:If your kids look up to a baseball player rather than you, then it's your fault, not the baseball player's.

Deal with it.

You have a pretty limited world view to make comment like that and top it off with a slam. Who says a kid only has to look up to their parents? If someone is a neo-nazi would you like their kid to look up to them? What if one or both of their parents died? How about kids with deadbeat dads? (I could go on with countless other examples) Maybe you live where your dung smells like roses and you have a stepford wife and your children are perfect, but I got news for you, there are a lot of kids that don't grow up in your ideal environment and it's not their fault. A lot of those kids have no choice but to look to elsewhere for role models, and good or bad a lot of times its public figures.

RenPastana...thanking someone making comments like that? Wow man, can you make yourself look any worse?
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenPastana » Thu May 07, 2009 5:43 pm

wildbill wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:If your kids look up to a baseball player rather than you, then it's your fault, not the baseball player's.

Deal with it.

You have a pretty limited world view to make comment like that and top it off with a slam. Who says a kid only has to look up to their parents? If someone is a neo-nazi would you like their kid to look up to them? What if one or both of their parents died? How about kids with deadbeat dads? (I could go on with countless other examples) Maybe you live where your dung smells like roses and you have a stepford wife and your children are perfect, but I got news for you, there are a lot of kids that don't grow up in your ideal environment and it's not their fault. A lot of those kids have no choice but to look to elsewhere for role models, and good or bad a lot of times its public figures.

RenPastana...thanking someone making comments like that? Wow man, can you make yourself look any worse?

Why are you still fixating on me wilbill? I left you alone a long time ago, didn't I?

Seriously, drop the mancrush on me...enough is enough...
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Skimo77 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:33 pm

so can we get over this little squabble and have actual manny updates please... he's out for 50 games thats about all that is needed at the moment.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 33)

Postby californiasunshine » Thu May 07, 2009 6:39 pm

wildbill wrote:

Deal with it.

Ummm wow let's just assume most parents are nazis and then argue a point....And if your parents are that bad then it goes back to the parents fault which is what he stated????? He literally said if they look up to baseball players instead of you then it's your fault, you statements all they did was give examples of how its the parents fault? WTF are you arguing?
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:04 pm

ok i started this topic early this morning but its time to lock this... god yall need to get over yourselves, not everyone likes to sign on to read updates and listen to people piss and moan GET OVER IT... this board and site isn't made to see who can out piss who, the fact of the matter at hand is about Manny Ramirez and the situation hes brought himself into, NOT whos right on who their kids should look up to... get over it and lock this thing down, god can't stand people that have to do this on these forums, if you have no baseball knowledge put into these post then you shouldn't be putting them on this site. Period.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates