Manny BUBYE... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Manny BUBYE...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manny BUBYE...

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:47 am

This just in to ESPN on Sportscent... Manny suspended 50 games following positive performance-enhancing drug test.... X-I X-I 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

that shakes up ALOT of teams this year... yahtzee! glad i don't have him...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Manny BUBYE...

Postby mac-unit » Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 am

Thank god I avoided him in my leagues.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 7)

Postby RenPastana » Thu May 07, 2009 11:59 am

Man! I WAS one of his biggest fans until this...How stupid is he though? Did Manny really think he would have gotten away with it? Simply dumb!

Dodgers line up is no longer scary anymore...

I really do hope he was given bad medication and took it thinking it was ok as it is being said on ESPN
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:01 pm

I guess this obviously just came out, they found out last night and put together the story before breaking it this morning, but there are still a few people that think that if he just says 'yes i did it' that it will be reduced... also Manny is saying that ' he went to a doctor to receive treatments and that he didn't know anything about any performance enhancing drugs' so hes denying it already - from Dylan Hernandez... Gammons says - 'BoraSS told him Manny saw a doctor in Miami to receive treatment and a prescription, but wasn't known to be on "THE LIST", but we all saw JC Romero suspended earlier in the season for using a drug that also wasn't apart of the "blacklisted drugs".... so basically this 50 games is sounding like it for sure could happen... just gotta sit and wait on the news conferences that always follow these stories....

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:02 pm

also just to add to it, he did NOT test positive for STEROIDS, but tested positive for PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs... his suspension although will start TONIGHT, so if hes in your lineup get him out ASAP!...

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 pm

also just so yall have a link to check it out this is via ESPN... Xavier Paul was called up to replace Manny...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Hitchcock » Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Very sad to hear. Hopefully this is something quite recent but the damage to his legacy may be done already. Going into this year, he was one of a very short list of big time hitters, that hadn't been linked before. Bad news to me b/c I have Manny on nearly every team, and have followed him since arriving in the League, back in Clev.

Anyone think this suspension could get shortened (could w/ everyone else previously getting a free pass)?
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby coleman1027 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:25 pm

crap.....

Will Manny be DL'd to free up a roster spot....????
coleman1027
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Hitchcock wrote:Very sad to hear. Hopefully this is something quite recent but the damage to his legacy may be done already. Going into this year, he was one of a very short list of big time hitters, that hadn't been linked before. Bad news to me b/c I have Manny on nearly every team, and have followed him since arriving in the League, back in Clev.

Anyone think this suspension could get shortened (could w/ everyone else previously getting a free pass)?

i feel no pitty for any of these d-bags... they are pro athletes they know they are under the microscope especially Manny who is part of that 'group' that MLB has been keeping a close eye on 35+ year olds still producing at the top of league, so why feel sorry or be sad about it? whatever happened to just hitting the weights and running and working out the RIGHT way to get your name known?

as for the suspension i hope its not shortened he deserves every bit of that 50 games IMO, but its depending on what exactly this drug was/is and what MLB decides, and i remind you JC Romero was suspended for 50 games for pills he took that he had bought from a general nutrition store... but it doesn't help that these prescriptions came from Florida and we all remember how much trouble there was and all the investigating a couple years ago with doctors writing illegal prescriptions and all the pharmacies thats were in deep down there also... its gonna be a big mess before it gets better...

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:29 pm

coleman1027 wrote:crap.....

Will Manny be DL'd to free up a roster spot....????

hes suspended which essentially means hes not apart of the team, so his spot will/has already been filled... don't know if he got the call yet but he will by bare minimum this afternoon to have him up at least on the bench to fill Manny's spot, and thats Xavier Paul...

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates