What's up with Ordonez?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What's up with Ordonez?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's up with Ordonez?!

Postby Mreater71 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Is this what we're going to see all season or with Leyland putting him 6th in the rotation could possibly motivate him to start producing the he has the past few seasons? Don't if I should give up on him or be patient.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What's up with Ordonez?!

Postby mtxdevil » Wed May 06, 2009 12:40 pm

You can't drop him and you can't trade him since no one wants him.

Just have to wait it out and hope he turns it around.

For the Tigers' sake too. :-P
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby marc1313 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:17 pm

i don't know, but I am very worried. power numbers have been dropping the past few years, but i drafted him for his consistent .320 + BA, and 100 + RBI totals, and it doesn't look like he will even get that. i sure hope he is not done.
GO Doyers!
marc1313 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:30 pm

marc1313 wrote:i don't know, but I am very worried. power numbers have been dropping the past few years, but i drafted him for his consistent .320 + BA, and 100 + RBI totals, and it doesn't look like he will even get that. i sure hope he is not done.

people people people, my god give it a rest! its just over a month in and you already predicting that your season is all but shot?? come on back off the 'whats up with the player' gas pedal and just idle for a while, at this point and time even if you wanted to trade them you can't cuz you will get screwed out of value and you know damn well as soon as you drop them someone will pick them up in a heart beat... i just can't believe the topics in this thread about players struggles asking if they are 'done' or 'should i give up on them?' give us all a break here, aside from injury concerns or if they get demoted why not give them some time to turn it around??...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby the izzy » Wed May 06, 2009 5:29 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
marc1313 wrote:i don't know, but I am very worried. power numbers have been dropping the past few years, but i drafted him for his consistent .320 + BA, and 100 + RBI totals, and it doesn't look like he will even get that. i sure hope he is not done.

people people people, my god give it a rest! its just over a month in and you already predicting that your season is all but shot??

This guy batted .241 in April (.041 pts below his career avg). The last time he put up a sub .250 BA for a month was back in July of 2006. He's not a player that you draft to carry a team. He's a player that you draft because the AVG will be there and the RBI will be there. And guess what, neither are there!

You have to admit that the fact that he has only 2 extra base hits in almost 100 AB's, and is dropping in the batting order is something to be concerned about.

Reason for concern ... Justified.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 pm

the izzy wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

people people people, my god give it a rest! its just over a month in and you already predicting that your season is all but shot??

This guy batted .241 in April (.041 pts below his career avg). The last time he put up a sub .250 BA for a month was back in July of 2006. He's not a player that you draft to carry a team. He's a player that you draft because the AVG will be there and the RBI will be there. And guess what, neither are there!

You have to admit that the fact that he has only 2 extra base hits in almost 100 AB's, and is dropping in the batting order is something to be concerned about.

Reason for concern ... Justified.

ok so what about BJ Upton who you drafted for average, runs and SB and hasn't done jack, or Rollins for at least a decent average and sb and hasn't, Hanley who has 11 r, 3 hr, 3 sb and sub .300 average those the numbers you were hoping out of him? Reyes with a .257 average and only 6 sb, Teixeira hitting sub .200 also drafted for average and power oh and only 5 hr (2 of which 2 games ago), Berkman also hitting sub .200, Fielder drafted for power has only 4 hr, Brandon Phillips drafted as a 4-tooler take away his last game he has 3 HR 11 RBI 4 SB, Ichiro drafted for Runs but most of all Average and SB batting sub .300 single digit runs (9) only 4 sb, Holliday maybe not drafted for power but most thought a +.300 definitely not the .227 that hes batting, Alexei batting .211 with only 7 runs, Big Papi for power ZERO HR, at least a top 3 C drafted in Martin ZERO HR, .222 average... need i go on? there are a TON of players struggling players, so i say we put this to rest once and for all, players struggle, they get moved in the lineup either to help boost them to compete to get their spot back or to take pressure off them or both, yes some of these players may not hit their career averages each and every year to a T but come on yall, you could be doing a TON worse...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Mashug » Wed May 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Iagree about all those players. Like i've said many times on this site, great players don't forget how to play. if they have their slumps mid year and their BA's go from .310 down to .290, nobody panicks.

However, i am just a bit concerned with Magglio. He's an aging player who's been banged up over the years. He'll most definitely turn it around and have a decent year, but at some point these aging players lose something.

That being said, you can't trade or drop him. Even if he were to drop down to 80% of his peak, he's still pretty good. You'll miss out on all his good production numbers if you get rid of him now, even a conservative 20, 100 .290 would mean some big numbers from this point on. Put him on your bench until he gets hot. That's what I'm doing.

Short of injury or steroid withdrawal head shrinkage, don't ever panick over a player in April.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stcardinal » Thu May 07, 2009 5:39 am

I had him benched but now I'm forced to play him and his suckiness cause of Ellsbury getting hurt. I'm in the same boat. I have no idea what to really do with him.
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby OdeToNo1 » Thu May 07, 2009 10:18 am

I'll take a slump over an injury any day. Just hold onto him and wait for him to get hot, it will happen.
OdeToNo1
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates