Yahoo 10 teamer who should i trade away! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo 10 teamer who should i trade away!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo 10 teamer who should i trade away!

Postby eagles157 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:34 pm

This offense is extremley stacked through trades and i need i find out who to keep and who to throw away. What should i upgrade
C-Varitek
1b-Delgado
2b-Soriano
3b-Rolen
SS-Jeter
Lf-Manny
Cf-Griffey
Rf-Shawn Green
Utl-Bonds(got straight up for wagner!),Crawford
Bench-Bernie,Giambi!,Klesko,Drew,Castilla

Sp-Schilling,Zito,Millwood,Beckett,Hampton
Rp-Rhodes,Benitez
P-Looper
Bench-Glavine,Burnett
As you can see I need to start 2 utl. players as well as a lf,cf,rf and 5 starting pitchers. So what should I do?
eagles157
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

RE:Yahoo 10 teamer who should i trade away!

Postby jadabanana98 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:40 pm

I think your starting infield looks good. I would be somewhat concerned with Griffey and Green in the OF. Should also look for another closer to help. Bernie is suspect, especially if Lofton gets hot or he doesn't recover quickly.
Thanks,
Jadabanana98
jadabanana98
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

10 teamer

Postby Go CUBBIES!!! » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:01 pm

Before you go crazy looking for trades let me propose a couple of effective strategies.
First, be sure to scour over the waivers wire (free agents) for guys who flew under the radar. In a 10 person league every team should be stacked, and there will be more than enough talent left among free agents to secure any stat categories you need to bolster.
Your outfield and relief pitching are particularly weak, I wouldn't rely on the health of Barry Bonds or Ken Griffey personally. Now that Bonds is off of steroids (if he was on them at all last year) his body and his age are going to start catching up with him as seen by his recent episode during batting practice in spring training.

Anyway, when you're looking through the free agents (batters) sort them by Rank and not O-Rank. Next, don't look necessarily at their ranking, rather see how many at bats they had last year. Any player with less than (a range, because AB's vary depending on one's position int he batting order) 500 - 450 ABs didn't get a full season's worth of swings. This means they were a.) sharing a position with another player, b.) injured for a part of the season, or c.) called up from the minors midseason. If you want to win, you should know the case for each player you're strongly considering picking up.
For instance, Milton Bradley is ranked (by totals) 210 from last year. However, he had only 377 AB's. If he get 550 AB's this year, he could easily be a top 50 player. If he's not taken, pick him up , by God!!. Other players to watch are: L. Matos(OF), Corey Patterson (OF), Adam Dunn(1B), J.D. Drew(OF), Carlos Guillen(3B,OF), Jose Reyes(SS), Austin Kearns(OF) etc. I hope you get the drift.
Now for pitching:
if they're still untaken, you should seriously look at picking up any of the following:
guillermo mota, lance carter, rafael soriano, r.Biddle, or mike macdougal. these guys are all solid relievers, who should have made it to the late rounds, or were overlooked altogether.

When you're considering trading, be aggressive and make 3 for 2 trades, or 2 for 1 trades. When you include 1 more player for them to recieve, than you're getting ther's already a percieved advantage for them. There'll be plenty of guys for you to pick up from free agents to fill the holes left by the trade. Be sure that you come out much better in one or two categories than you were before. If you sacrifice steals to get RBI, and AVG you can get steals off the waivers. Just make sure that the palyers you include in the trade play positions or get stats in areas that the other guy is weak in. If he's got three outfielders who hit for power, including barry bonds in a trade isn't going to guarantee that you'll get what you want, because he doesnt need more outfielders.

It may seem like I'm speaking as though you're a beginner, but these are all strategies that people often overlook, even if they've been playing fantasy baseball for years.
I hope that helps.
"HOOOLLEEEEE COOW!"
-Harry Carey
Go CUBBIES!!! Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team